Re: Unable to start MDB Listener.....javax.security.auth.login.LoginExcept ion - Websphere

This is a discussion on Re: Unable to start MDB Listener.....javax.security.auth.login.LoginExcept ion - Websphere ; lnayda wrote: Problem when I start application containing MDBs & ListenerPorts. 5 MDBs tied to 5 ListenerPorts within the application, 4 MDBs/ListenerPorts start fine with no problem, 5th causes the following exception and then stops the ListenerPort. Problem occurs whether ...

  1. Re: Unable to start MDB Listener.....javax.security.auth.login.LoginExcept ion

    lnayda wrote:

    Problem when I start application containing MDBs & ListenerPorts. 5 MDBs tied to 5 ListenerPorts within the application, 4 MDBs/ListenerPorts start fine with no problem, 5th causes the following exception and then stops the ListenerPort. Problem occurs whether Global Security is turned on or off.

    Does the JAAS alias for the queue connection factory for the 5th MDB is same as the rest of them.

    If yes, then check if the id has access to the queue. Also double check both the QCF and QD attributes for that MDB.

    Thanks

    Anant

  2. Re: Unable to start MDB Listener.....javax.security.auth.login.LoginExcept ion

    By setting the "Mapping-configuration alias" to "DefaultPricipalMapping" on the 5th MDB it now works.

    I'm not sure why it is acting this way because even though the MQ security attributes for the 4th Queue and the configuration of the MDB/ListenerPort is identical to the 5th, I only had problems on the 5th and needed to set the "Mapping-configuration alias" on the 5th to cure this problem. ???

    "Mapping-configuration alias" is (none) on the 4th but it is working fine.

    Happy that it works now, and thank you for your advice and assistance.

  3. Re: Unable to start MDB Listener... ..javax.security.auth.login.LoginException

    On May 14, 8:10*pm, lna...@us.ibm.com wrote:
    > By setting the "Mapping-configuration alias" to "DefaultPricipalMapping" on the 5th MDB it now works.
    >
    > I'm not sure why it is acting this way because even though the MQ securityattributes for the 4th Queue and the configuration of the MDB/ListenerPort is identical to the 5th, I only had problems on the 5th and needed to set the "Mapping-configuration alias" on the 5th to cure this problem. * ???
    >
    > "Mapping-configuration alias" is (none) on the 4th but it is working fine.
    >
    > Happy that it works now, and thank you for your advice and assistance.

    same solution worked for me too!
    does anyone knows the reason?

  4. Re: Unable to start MDB Listener.....javax.security.auth.login.LoginExcept ion

    Jeez! this helped mee too on one listener i've got in my local WESB server....

    Why why why IBM, provide us with a f.... answer, I'm getting absolutely frustrated with these configurations that no one knows about and no one can ever answer correctly.

    YES I'm f..... angry!

+ Reply to Thread