Create New Server Instance in websphere application server V6.1 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Create New Server Instance in websphere application server V6.1 - Websphere ; Hello, I want to create new server instance in the Websphere Application Server V6.1 . Can any body help me how i can achieve.if possible please give me the procedure. Thanks, bdr...

  1. Create New Server Instance in websphere application server V6.1

    Hello,

    I want to create new server instance in the Websphere Application Server V6.1 . Can any body help me how i can achieve.if possible please give me the procedure.

    Thanks,

    bdr

  2. Re: Create New Server Instance in websphere application server V6.1

    budireddidhanu@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    >

    > I want to create new server instance in the Websphere Application Server V6.1 . Can any body help me how i can achieve.if possible please give me the procedure.
    >

    > Thanks,
    >
    > bdr

    It's in the documentation.

    Ken

  3. Re: Create New Server Instance in websphere application server V6.1

    Which product offering are you using?

    Websphere Application Server V6.1 is a single server offering.

    For multiple servers within a master configuration, you'll need Network Deployment.

    Regards,

  4. Re: Create New Server Instance in websphere application server V6.1

    Hi Matt Vickery ,

    Thanx to your great response.

    I am using Webshere Application Server V6.1 with out Network Deployment.

    Whether The creation of Profile in the Webshere Application Server V6.1 is same as the creation of server instance in the Webshere Application Server V6.1?

    Regards,

  5. Re: Create New Server Instance in websphere application server V6.1

    Using WebShere Application Server V6.1 (non-ND) gives you one server instance per profile installed.

    If you want to keep your existing server instance and create a second one (or many more for clustering etc), you'll have to use ND. That product offering allows multiple server instances per profile. You will also be able to administer all of those server instances from a single Master Configuration.

    An alternative is to create a second profile in the same installation, that will give you a distinct server instance but is obviously more difficult to administer as the Master Configuration is not shared between the server instances.

    Hope that helps somewhat.

    Regards, Matt

  6. Re: Create New Server Instance in websphere application server V6.1

    Hi,

    That means if I do not require central admin. feature and allow one instance for one profile, then multiple instances of server can be created without network-deployment edition?

    Regards,

    Raymond

  7. Re: Create New Server Instance in websphere application server V6.1

    Hi Raymond,

    Yes it does, although you'll have a process running for each profile, a distinct configuration for each profile as well as no natural Clustering or HA features that you can use. If you don't need Clustering or High Availability features, it's worthy of consideration.

    If you need the additional profile for application clustering (horizontal/fail-over or vertical/performance) you may experience difficulties with resource sharing, i.e. transaction and message management are good examples.

    There maybe a licensing issue for you as well.

    Regards, Matt

  8. Smile Re: Create New Server Instance in websphere application server V6.1

    HI Can any body help me in clustering?

    I want to add a old server to a old cluster in WAS ND.
    I am having a SERVER server1 and already had a cluster cluster1 with two servers TEST1 and TEST2. I want to add the server1 to the cluster cluster1.
    Please somebody help me out of this.

+ Reply to Thread