WebSphere 6.1 datasource - Websphere

This is a discussion on WebSphere 6.1 datasource - Websphere ; Hello. I have been following this tutorial from the infocenter Link: Developing Hibernate applications for use with WebSphere Application Server And it all works good, apart from when I set up a Custom Service to deal with the transactions, last ...

  1. WebSphere 6.1 datasource

    Hello.

    I have been following this tutorial from the infocenter

    Link: Developing Hibernate applications for use with WebSphere Application Server

    And it all works good, apart from when I set up a Custom Service to deal with the transactions, last section. I can set up the custom service ok and it runs and initializes Hibernate when the server starts ok. But when I try to make a connection from a jsp page I get this error:

    Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: net.sf.cglib.proxy.Enhancer$EnhancerKey$$KeyFactor yByCGLIB$$7fb24d72 incompatible with net.sf.cglib.core.KeyFactory

    After some trawling of the web I saw suggestions for removing cglib and asm jars from my EAR, which I have done, but it makes no difference to the error.

    I think this is a clash with some class loading but what and where? Where would WebSphere be loading something that could clash.

    What jars should I be looking for I have removed the cglib jars.

    thanks for reading.

    cheers

    Martin

  2. Re: WebSphere 6.1 datasource

    martin.thorpe@securit.be a écrit :
    > Hello.
    >

    > I have been following this tutorial from the infocenter
    >
    > Link: Developing Hibernate applications for use with WebSphere Application Server
    >

    > And it all works good, apart from when I set up a Custom Service to deal with the transactions, last section. I can set up the custom service ok and it runs and initializes Hibernate when the server starts ok. But when I try to make a connection from a jsp page I get this error:
    >

    > Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: net.sf.cglib.proxy.Enhancer$EnhancerKey$$KeyFactor yByCGLIB$$7fb24d72 incompatible with net.sf.cglib.core.KeyFactory
    >

    > After some trawling of the web I saw suggestions for removing cglib and asm jars from my EAR, which I have done, but it makes no difference to the error.
    >

    > I think this is a clash with some class loading but what and where? Where would WebSphere be loading something that could clash.
    >

    > What jars should I be looking for I have removed the cglib jars.
    >

    > thanks for reading.
    >

    > cheers
    >
    > Martin

    Hello,

    Try to set the classloader of the web archive to parent last. Restart
    the application after that.

    Regards.

    Ilyas

+ Reply to Thread