Set a WCM Workflow to a WCM Component? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Set a WCM Workflow to a WCM Component? - Websphere ; Is it possible to set a WCM Workflow to a WCM Component? I have created multiple WCM Components but I want a few of them to publish at a future date in time. Is this possible? Thank you....

  1. Set a WCM Workflow to a WCM Component?

    Is it possible to set a WCM Workflow to a WCM Component? I have created multiple WCM Components but I want a few of them to publish at a future date in time. Is this possible?

    Thank you.

  2. Re: Set a WCM Workflow to a WCM Component?

    Can someone provide an answer? Can WCM Components contain a workflow?

  3. Re: Set a WCM Workflow to a WCM Component?

    I'm still working through this myself, but I think what you need to do is create an Authoring Template that relates to an Element Type of Component (under the Default Content settings of the template) and then within the template you can also assign a Workflow. Try that...

  4. Re: Set a WCM Workflow to a WCM Component?

    Component.

    2. Select the type of element you want to create as a component.

    3. Enter identification information.

    4. Complete the element section displayed in the component form.

    5. Select a workflow if required.

    6. Set access properties.

    7. Save the component form.

    What I am trying to understand is step 5. It indicates that a workflow can be required when a user is creating a new WCM component.

    How can this be done?

+ Reply to Thread