We have just installed the WebSphere Web Services Feature Pack ( WAS6
6.1.0.15 ) and the APAR to (http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?
uid=swg1PK58537) we required to successfully install ear files. You
can not just add this feature pack to an existing installation you
have to rebuild the whole profile. Due to the problems we encountered
installing this feature pack we submitted a Feature request (ID
MR041608121) for a installation method or migration tool that would
allow the feature pack to be installed without losing the setup for
the existing installation.
I would like to encourage people to let IBM know that they should
always provide a migration path for any upgrade.