Hello,
I've been trying to create a JMX connection from a client application
to a WebSphere server using the code found here:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...op_jsr160.html

as my base.
The specific connection code looks like this:

String jndiPath="/jndi/JMXConnector"; //also could try
"jmxrmi" or "server" or "JMXConnector"
System.out.println("creating URL...");
String urlString = "service:jmx:iiop://"+hostname+":"+port
+jndiPath;
JMXServiceURL url = new JMXServiceURL(urlString);
System.out.println("URL is "+url.toString());

Hashtable h = new Hashtable();
String[] credentials = new String[] {user ,password };
h.put("jmx.remote.credentials", credentials);

//Establish the JMX connection.
try
{
JMXConnector jmxc = (JMXConnector)
JMXConnectorFactory.connect(url,h);
//JMXConnector jmxc = (JMXConnector)
JMXConnectorFactory.connect(url);
//Get the MBean server connection instance.
mbsc = jmxc.getMBeanServerConnection();
}
catch(Exception e)
{
System.out.println("Error creating connection:");
e.printStackTrace();
}

The error I get back is:
java.io.IOException: Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub:
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Context: 16DH6CAC71401GBNode01Cell/
nodes/16DH6CAC71401GBNode01/servers/server1, name: server: First
component in name server not found. Root exception is
org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextPackage.NotFound: IDLmg.org/CosNaming/
NamingContext/NotFound:1.0

It looks to me like there is no object with the name "JMXConnector",
so my question is: What is the name of the JMXConnector object? I've
seen some references to use "server" or "jmxrmi"
instead, but those didn't work.
Thanks!