New portal: limit access to pages and portlets - Websphere

This is a discussion on New portal: limit access to pages and portlets - Websphere ; On a new portal site, I am planning to disable all pages and portlets for non-admin users, then individually give authorization to groups. This seems like the best way to control what pages and portlets the users will get access ...

  1. New portal: limit access to pages and portlets

    On a new portal site, I am planning to disable all pages and portlets for non-admin users, then individually give authorization to groups. This seems like the best way to control what pages and portlets the users will get access to.

    Is there a quick way to disable all pages and portlets for non-administrators?

    Thanks for your help...

  2. Re: New portal: limit access to pages and portlets

    Well if you go to the manage pages, then go to the home label with uniquename

    ibm.portal.Home

    most pages inherit from this the access for all authenticated users.

    delete that and it should take care of most pages. now for the portlets in my look through my system these seem to be set on an application level, so easiest to change I think would be to use xmlaccess to change the permissions on the portlets