Creating flyout menu or drop-down menu - Websphere

This is a discussion on Creating flyout menu or drop-down menu - Websphere ; Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has been successful in creating and using a flyout or drop-down menu navigation for WebSphere Portal Server v6.01? We are using a custom theme (main menu, search, content and people pallete are not ...

  1. Creating flyout menu or drop-down menu

    Hi all,

    I was wondering if anyone has been successful in creating and using a flyout or drop-down menu navigation for WebSphere Portal Server v6.01?

    We are using a custom theme (main menu, search, content and people pallete are not being shown or used) and navigation type (top nav is set to true and the start level is 2). We are using "singletopnav" so the main pages under Home is what is displayed on the top navigation bar and their sub pages start on the left hand side navigation. I've attached an image to help give a good visualization of our look.

    What we would like to do is keep the main pages across the top navigation bar and have it so that when you hover over that page/tab a menu (flyout or drop-down) displays the sub pages and their sub pages and so on. I am not a coder so I would really like it if the sub pages and so on could be generated automaticly through the code so I would not have to create any typr of list with all the page names and reference that in the code.

    Is there a way for this to be done? I would really appreciate any help on this.

    thank you

    Katherine

  2. Re: Creating flyout menu or drop-down menu

    I did something like this in the whitepaper, while I admit it was not pretty, someone with some css skill could make it much prettier, but to recursively traverse the path can get expensive(performance wise).

    You can either use the navigation tags, and set the expansion state to true, or use the model spi to generate the navigation menu

  3. Re: Creating flyout menu or drop-down menu

    Jim,

    Thanks Jim ... I will read the documentation on "Model SPI" as I am not familiar with that.

    Katherine

+ Reply to Thread