safari and websphere portal - Websphere

This is a discussion on safari and websphere portal - Websphere ; Hello, I am creating a new theme and skin as part of my requirement. We are planning to use safari as one of the browsers. The key functionality of the Portal v6 we plan to use is drag and drop ...

  1. safari and websphere portal

    Hello,

    I am creating a new theme and skin as part of my requirement. We are planning to use safari as one of the browsers. The key functionality of the Portal v6 we plan to use is drag and drop and the portlet palette. But the documentation says that Safari does not support these features in WPS6.

    To use the palette on safari, I tried removing the " c:if ..... tag" from the following code:

    wpsFLY_markupLoop( flyOut );

    from the banner_toolbar.jspf. I also hard-coded the value of isSafari variable in head.jspf to . It still wont work.

    Is there any way to get around this ? This is a very key requirement for us.

  2. Re: safari and websphere portal

    even if you get the javascript and the like to render, I am not sure it would even work with the javascript that was written. does safari have a javascript debugger?