Clear cached render parameters when invoked from wps:urlGeneration - Websphere

This is a discussion on Clear cached render parameters when invoked from wps:urlGeneration - Websphere ; I use wps:urlGeneration link to navigate to another page/portlet within my portal. I have set the page & portlet unique names by importing pageExport.xml through admin console. Both source & target portlets are JSR 168 struts portlets. Problem: I navigate ...

  1. Clear cached render parameters when invoked from wps:urlGeneration

    I use wps:urlGeneration link to navigate to another page/portlet within my portal. I have set the page & portlet unique names by importing pageExport.xml through admin console. Both source & target portlets are JSR 168 struts portlets.

    Problem: I navigate from source portlet to the target portlet, do some action and come back to the source page. Again if I go back to the target portlet the last viewed state is remembered and is displayed as per portal behaviour. But I always need to display the welcome page of the portlet only if invoked from the source page that I have. Is there any functionality in urlGeneration that i can use to invoke the welcome action of my target portlet? Is there a way to clear the cached render parameters of the target portlet at the time of invocation from the source portlet?

    Thanks for the help

    Max

  2. Re: Clear cached render parameters when invoked from

    have you tried the keep navigational state setting?

  3. Re: Clear cached render parameters when invoked from

    I have tried it, but no luck again. It still goes to the last viewed state and screen of the portlet.

    a href=" target portlet

  4. Re: Clear cached render parameters when invoked from

    ahh, I missed the magic word before, you said struts.

    you should target an action phase so that it resets

    Jim

  5. Re: Clear cached render parameters when invoked from

    But as per the "Tags used by Portal JSPs" section in publib, with wps:urlGeneration tag the action phase can be triggered only for IBM portlets right?

    I have tried this also but could not invoke the action on my jsr 168 struts portlet.

  6. Re: Clear cached render parameters when invoked from

    well you can with the url generation spi

    one example

    %

    HashMap map = new HashMap();

    String[] value1 = {""};

    String[] value2 = {"spf_ActionListener"};

    String[] value3 = {"!2fSearchResult.do"};

    a href=" This test one

    it can also be done with url generation like this

    a href=" link

    this uses the helper classes

  7. Re: Clear cached render parameters when invoked from

    I believe the spf_action works only for IBM struts portlet. Mine is a JSR 168 Struts portlet which doesnt read the spf parameters. pls let me know if I'm wrong abt this.

    For my issue, as a quick fix I have a check in all the jsps of my target portlet to check for the request parameter from the source portlet. If the value is present i force it to display the welcome page rather than the last viewed page.

    Is there any way to clear the cached render parameters of the target portlet from the source portlet?

    Thanks

    max

  8. Re: Clear cached render parameters when invoked from

    this was for a jsr 168 PMR

    if I look at the url created

    /wps/myportal/!ut/p/c1/jY7LDsIgFEQ_iQsKoUssAipV2vRlNw0L05DY1oXx-6WJ26ozy5OTGdSh2Mm_wuCfYZ78HbWoY31RmoSkQIBTroBQw48 ySyEm8ivrqzpRuT1grKkWQJit9hYk1nLzl71zhTtpDBdWRhvjv BbbjICiP-xmeft9feGwEgEff33_bObxhh5j1UJwwxvXdCcF/dl2/d1/L0lDU0NTSUpKZ2tLQ2xFS0NsRUEhL29Kb1FBQUlRSkFBTVl4aW xNUVp3WEJNNUpVbE1rQSEhL1lCSkp3NDU0NTAtNUY0a3N0eWow c3J5bndBISEvN19SVEg5MkMwMjA4NThGMDI1SDhKRE1DMDAwMy 9FSmJ2SDE4L3NwZl9BY3Rpb25OYW1lL3NwZl9BY3Rpb25MaXN0 ZW5lci9zcGZfc3RydXRzQWN0aW9uLyEyZlN3aXRjaC5kbw!!/#7_RTH92C020858F025H8JDMC0003 for one of my own custom jsr 168 portlets

    it decodes into this

    spf_ActionListener

    !2fSwitch.do

    action

    no way that I know to clear the cached render params, you can with the key manager tell them to be dropped when you leave the page