Changing themes - Portlet Palette - Websphere

This is a discussion on Changing themes - Portlet Palette - Websphere ; Anyone tried changing the theme for portlet palette, I have a page with customized theme, but portlet palette always refering IBM theme, is there any way to change customized theme for portlet palette? Thanks in advance....

  1. Changing themes - Portlet Palette

    Anyone tried changing the theme for portlet palette, I have a page with customized theme, but portlet palette always refering IBM theme, is there any way to change customized theme for portlet palette?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Changing themes - Portlet Palette

    well you can set it to the theme you want, but the portlet palette is a page that resides under content root and not under my portal

  3. Re: Changing themes - Portlet Palette

    in your new theme, you have to change the themes\html\MyTheme\styles_theme.jspf

    and the values in the themes\html\MyTheme\colors\default.properties related to the palette.

    if you need to change the palette specific things, like the header text and stuff, you can modify the ContentPalette.war file which is deployed on the WPS. There are lots of property u files there you can look for depending on what you want to change. that is the only way i know of doing this.

    ofcourse as jim said, you will have change the default IBM theme associated with page to your custom theme for this to take effect.

    hope this helps.

  4. Re: Changing themes - Portlet Palette

    So it's clear... The slide-out palette is an IFRAME that enables
    displaying two portal pages simultaneously. You have your main portal
    page, and then in the IFRAME in the slide-out-palette, you have one of
    several hidden pages under content root (depending upon which portlet
    you want to show).

    To change the theme inside the IFRAME, you have to change the theme
    assigned to the page that will be displayed inside it.

  5. Re: Changing themes - Portlet Palette

    Thank you all, I implemented this issue as changing the theme for portal page.

    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread