error ftp dataset upload with Profile Management Tool (zPMT) ofWebSphere Application Server Toolkit - Websphere

This is a discussion on error ftp dataset upload with Profile Management Tool (zPMT) ofWebSphere Application Server Toolkit - Websphere ; Hi all, i have done the z/OS configuration with the z/OS Profile Management Tool of Application Server Tookit, but am not able to upload the Datasets to the Host. I figured out, that it is the firewall, which does not ...

  1. error ftp dataset upload with Profile Management Tool (zPMT) ofWebSphere Application Server Toolkit

    Hi all,

    i have done the z/OS configuration with the z/OS Profile Management
    Tool of Application Server Tookit, but am not able to upload the
    Datasets to the Host.

    I figured out, that it is the firewall, which does not allow active
    ftp uploads. It worked well using the passive mode of WS-FTP. Does
    anyone know, if there is an option in Application Server Toolkit to
    solve the problem?

    Many thanks.

    Dennis

  2. Re: error ftp dataset upload with Profile Management Tool (zPMT) ofWebSphere Application Server Toolkit

    On Apr 30, 8:25 am, DBehm wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > i have done the z/OS configuration with the z/OS Profile Management
    > Tool of Application Server Tookit, but am not able to upload the
    > Datasets to the Host.
    >
    > I figured out, that it is the firewall, which does not allow active
    > ftp uploads. It worked well using the passive mode of WS-FTP. Does
    > anyone know, if there is an option in Application Server Toolkit to
    > solve the problem?
    >
    > Many thanks.
    >
    > Dennis

    Hi Dennis,

    Would you check to see what the service level is of the Application
    Server Toolkit (AST) you are using? We switched to use passive ftp
    uploads in AST 6.1.1.3. (I'm assuming that you are using the Windows
    version of the AST. We have always used passive ftp uploads on the
    Linux version of the AST.)

    Regards,
    Harvey

+ Reply to Thread