How to record client IP? - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to record client IP? - Websphere ; Hi all, Could anyone give me some hints on how to collect IP of client requests in Websphere server? Is there any log file that traces every client request? I am pretty new to this. Thanks a lot! Best, Qian...

  1. How to record client IP?

    Hi all,

    Could anyone give me some hints on how to collect IP of client requests in Websphere server? Is there any log file that traces every client request?

    I am pretty new to this.

    Thanks a lot!

    Best,

    Qian

  2. Re: How to record client IP?

    Just make my problem more clear. For example, I deployed an application on websphere cluster. And I want to know all the IP addresses accessing the application within one day or one week. Is there any way to do this?

    Thanks,

  3. Re: How to record client IP?

    When it's a web application, there is a web server involved and it logs this
    information (for IBM HTTP Server / Apache, it's in access.log files).

  4. Re: How to record client IP?

    Thank you for your reply, Ben. However, in my platform, I did not have a Web server in front. All requests go directly to the cluster application servers.

    Is there any log file or can I custom a log file that can record client IP in WAS application server?

    By the way, I am using WAS ND 6.

    Best,

  5. Re: How to record client IP?

    The WebSphere web container can also produce its own logs.

    See
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...tperrlogs.html.

  6. Re: How to record client IP?

    Thanks. But seems I can not open this link................

  7. Re: How to record client IP?

    The forum web interface is buggy.

    Remove the spaces (%20) from the URL.

+ Reply to Thread