JSPG0047E: Unable to locate tag library for uri - Websphere

This is a discussion on JSPG0047E: Unable to locate tag library for uri - Websphere ; I have portlet.tld under WEB-INF/tld folder but while access the page, it throws following exception in RAD 7.0 (WPS 6.0). I have following entry web.xml also. http://java.sun.com/portlet tld/portlet.tld I have copied porlet.tld from sample project from ibm site. Any idea? ...

  1. JSPG0047E: Unable to locate tag library for uri

    I have portlet.tld under WEB-INF/tld folder but while access the page, it throws following exception in RAD 7.0 (WPS 6.0). I have following entry web.xml also.

    http://java.sun.com/portlet

    tld/portlet.tld

    I have copied porlet.tld from sample project from ibm site. Any idea?

    com.ibm.ws.jsp.JspCoreException: JSPG0047E: Unable to locate tag library for uri http://java.sun.com/portlet

    at com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.visitor.tagfiledep.TagFi leDependencyVisitor.visitCustomTagStart (TagFileDependencyVisitor.java:75)

    at com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.visitor.JspVisitor.proce ssJspElement(JspVisitor.java:253)

    at com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.visitor.JspVisitor.proce ssChildren(JspVisitor.java:286)

    at com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.visitor.JspVisitor.proce ssJspElement(JspVisitor.java:125)

    at com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.visitor.JspVisitor.visit (JspVisitor.java:110)

    at com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.JspTranslator.processVis itors(JspTranslator.java:121)

    at com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.utils.JspTranslatorUtil. translateJsp(JspTranslatorUtil.java:169)

    at com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.utils.JspTranslatorUtil. translateJspAndCompile(JspTranslatorUtil.java:82)

    at com.ibm.ws.jsp.webcontainerext.JSPExtensionServlet Wrapper.translateJsp(JSPExtensionServletWrapper.ja va:386)

    at com.ibm.ws.jsp.webcontainerext.JSPExtensionServlet Wrapper._checkForTranslation(JSPExtensionServletWr apper.java:355)

    at com.ibm.ws.jsp.webcontainerext.JSPExtensionServlet Wrapper.checkForTranslation(JSPExtensionServletWra pper.java:263)

    at com.ibm.ws.jsp.webcontainerext.JSPExtensionServlet Wrapper.handleRequest(JSPExtensionServletWrapper.j ava:150)

    at com.ibm.ws.jsp.webcontainerext.JSPExtensionProcess or.handleRequest(JSPExtensionProcessor.java:254)

    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispat cher.include(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:633)

    at org.apache.pluto.core.impl.PortletRequestDispatche rImpl.include(PortletRequestDispatcherImpl.java:11 2)

    at ncc.ScreeningPortlet.goToPage(ScreeningPortlet.jav a:1067)

    at ncc.ScreeningPortlet.doViewService(ScreeningPortle t.java:463)

    at ncc.ScreeningPortlet.doView(ScreeningPortlet.java: 138)

    at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.doDispatch(GenericPor tlet.java:235)

    at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.render(GenericPortlet .java:163)

    at com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.std.cmpf.impl.PortletFilterChain Impl.render(PortletFilterChainImpl.java:144)

    at com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.std.invoker.impl.PortletServlet. dispatch(PortletServlet.java:131)

    at com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.std.invoker.impl.PortletServlet. doGet(PortletServlet.java:70)

    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:743)

    at com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.std.cache.CacheablePortlet.servi ce(CacheablePortlet.java:393)

    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:856)

    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.ser vice(ServletWrapper.java:1572)

    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.han dleRequest(ServletWrapper.java(Compiled Code))

    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispat cher.include(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:633)

    at com.ibm.wps.pe.om.definition.impl.ServletDefinitio nImpl$RDWrapper.include(ServletDefinitionImpl.java :406)

    at com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.std.invoker.impl.PortletInvokerI mpl.invoke(PortletInvokerImpl.java:204)

    at com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.std.invoker.impl.PortletInvokerI mpl.invoke(PortletInvokerImpl.java:168)

    at com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.std.invoker.impl.PortletInvokerI mpl.render(PortletInvokerImpl.java:97)

    at com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.std.PortletContainerImpl.renderP ortlet(PortletContainerImpl.java:110)

    at com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.PortletContainerImpl.doRenderPor tlet(PortletContainerImpl.java:587)

    at com.ibm.wps.pe.ext.render.AbstractRenderManager.pe rformService(AbstractRenderManager.java:247)

  2. Re: JSPG0047E: Unable to locate tag library for uri

    you should not need to put the portlet.tld in the actual portlet, remove it and it should work

  3. Re: JSPG0047E: Unable to locate tag library for uri

    Hi Jim

    I am getting the same error when I access the jsp page even removed portlet.tld from tld folder and removed the entry in web.xml . I have here with attached jsp page for your references. I am using JSR 168 portlet.

    Pls let me know if you any idea.

    Thanks.

    Regards

    Mohan

  4. Re: JSPG0047E: Unable to locate tag library for uri

    put the entry back in the portlet.xml just do not package it in the portlet, it is available in the classpath of portal for all portlets

  5. Re: JSPG0047E: Unable to locate tag library for uri

    Hi Jim

    Sorry to say, I could not understand what you mention in your response.

    I have removed following entry in web.xml NOT in portlet.xml. Do you want to put it again in the web.xml or portlet.xml? As my knowledge there is no option to put in the porlet.xml.

    http://java.sun.com/portlet

    tld/portlet.tld

    Could you please explain in detail what should I do?

    Regards

    Mohan

  6. Re: JSPG0047E: Unable to locate tag library for uri

    sorry meant web.xml please put it back. just the entry not the actual tld file

  7. Re: JSPG0047E: Unable to locate tag library for uri

    Hi Jim

    Thanks for your info.

    After put it back following entry in web.xml. It is working fine.

    http://java.sun.com/portlet

    /WEB-INF/tld/std-portlet.tld

    Regards

    Mohan