kill -3 - Websphere

This is a discussion on kill -3 - Websphere ; Guys, Is it possible that "kill -3 PID" kills the process instead of creating heapdump? I used this on my app and it stoped the app. Could this be because of the kill -3 that I used?tx...

  1. kill -3

    Guys,

    Is it possible that "kill -3 PID" kills the process instead of creating heapdump? I used this on my app and it stoped the app. Could this be because of the kill -3 that I used?tx

  2. Re: kill -3

    > Is it possible that "kill -3 PID" kills the process instead of creating
    > heapdump? I used this on my app and it stoped the app. Could this be
    > because of the kill -3 that I used?tx

    Never saw kill -3 actually killed the process.

    However, if the process of creating the heap dump takes a long time, the
    process could be seen as staled by monitoring tools (e.g. Node Agent in
    WAS-ND) and killed externally.

+ Reply to Thread