Multiple concurrent deployments to Websphere 6.1 using jythonscripts - Websphere

This is a discussion on Multiple concurrent deployments to Websphere 6.1 using jythonscripts - Websphere ; We have WAS 6.1 in our development environment, and multiple project teams may deploy to the same cell (same DNGR) during the day. So it is possible that 2 or more deployments may be kicked off at the same time ...

  1. Multiple concurrent deployments to Websphere 6.1 using jythonscripts

    We have WAS 6.1 in our development environment, and multiple project teams may deploy to the same cell (same DNGR) during the day. So it is possible that 2 or more deployments may be kicked off at the same time

    We use a jython script (wsadmin with SOAP connection) to deploy to the dmgr.

    Does the DMGR handle multiple simultaneous deploys without any issue (internally serializes it)?

    Is there any danger of causing corruption of the DMGR config files etc. ?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Multiple concurrent deployments to Websphere 6.1 using jython scripts

    Concurrent updates is a built-in feature of WebSphere.

    You can experiment with it by opening the Administrative Console multiple
    times and working concurrently.

    When you save, you may get a warning about "save conflicts" and it will list
    the items in conflicts for you to resolve. By default, it proposes to not
    overwrite.

    This happens when two deployments affect the same asset (e.g. a cell-wide
    configuration), not with two deployments affecting separate assets (AppA.ear
    and AppB.ear).

    Via API (Jython, JMX, etc), there is an argument to specify to force
    overwrite or force discard changes in case of conflicts. You can also query
    the list of changes

    WebSphere will not corrupt the repository by itself, but you could corrupt
    the repository by taking the wrong decision (overwrite the other person's
    changes when you better had not).

+ Reply to Thread