WAS configuration for Oracle RAC - Websphere

This is a discussion on WAS configuration for Oracle RAC - Websphere ; Hi, We are using WAS 6.1.0.9 on z/OS and Oracle 10g . The Oracle is on a 2 node RAC. We are unable to configure the connection to Oracle with the multiple nodes. Can you please help me with URL ...

  1. WAS configuration for Oracle RAC

    Hi,

    We are using WAS 6.1.0.9 on z/OS and Oracle 10g . The Oracle is on a
    2 node RAC. We are unable to configure the connection to Oracle with
    the multiple nodes. Can you please help me with URL to be used for
    such a configuration ?

    We are able to connect to the nodes individually but not as a RAC
    together.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks & Regards,

    Prasanna M S

  2. Re: WAS configuration for Oracle RAC

    On Apr 29, 11:26*am, Prassi wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > We are using WAS 6.1.0.9 on z/OS *and Oracle 10g . The Oracle is on a
    > 2 node RAC. We are unable to configure the connection to Oracle with
    > the multiple nodes. Can you please help me with URL to be used for
    > such a configuration ?
    >
    > We are able to connect to the nodes individually but not as a RAC
    > together.
    >
    > Any help is appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks & Regards,
    >
    > Prasanna M S

    Adding further information on the exception I get when I test the
    configuration with muptilple nodes

    I am using the information from the link below to configure the 2
    nodes

    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/we...arghouthi.html

    Message: BBOO0220E: DSRA8040I: Failed to connect to the DataSource.
    Encountered "": java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: NL Excep
    tion was generatedDSRA0010E: SQL State = null, Error Code = 17,002
    at
    oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException (DatabaseError.java:
    112)
    at
    oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException (DatabaseError.java:
    146)
    at
    oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException (DatabaseError.java:
    255)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnecti on.java:387)
    at
    oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.(PhysicalConnection.java:
    420)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.(T4CConnection.java:165)
    at
    oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnectio n(T4CDriverExtension.java:
    35)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriv er.java:801)
    at
    oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource.getPhysicalConne ction(OracleDataSource.java:
    297)
    at
    oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource.getPooled Connection(OracleXADataSource.java:
    472)
    at
    oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource.getXAConn ection(OracleXADataSource.java:
    159)
    at
    oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource.getXAConn ection(OracleXADataSource.java:
    133)
    at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.DSConfigurationHelper
    $1.run(DSConfigurationHelper.java:1138)
    at
    com.ibm.ws.security.util.AccessController.doPrivil eged(AccessController.java:
    118)
    at
    com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.DSConfigurationHelper.getPool edConnection(DSConfigurationHelper.java:
    1133)
    at
    com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.DSConfigurationHelper.testCon nectionForGUI(DSConfigurationHelper.java:
    2356)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
    at
    sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:
    64)
    at
    sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl..java:
    43)
    at
    com.ibm.ws.management.DataSourceConfigHelperMBean. testConnectionToDataSource2(DataSourceConfigHelper MBean.java:
    532)
    at
    com.ibm.ws.management.DataSourceConfigHelperMBean. testConnection(DataSourceConfigHelperMBean.java:
    460)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
    at
    sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:
    64)
    at
    sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl..java:
    43)
    at sun.reflect.misc.Trampoline.invoke(MethodUtil.java :62)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
    at
    sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:
    64)
    at
    sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl..java:
    43)
    at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.invoke(MethodUtil.java :265)
    at
    javax.management.modelmbean.RequiredModelMBean.inv okeMethod(RequiredModelMBean.java:
    1089)
    at
    javax.management.modelmbean.RequiredModelMBean.inv oke(RequiredModelMBean.java:
    971)
    at
    com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.DynamicMetaDataImpl.invoke (DynamicMetaDataImpl.java:
    231)
    at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MetaDataImpl.invoke(MetaDa taImpl.java:
    238)
    at
    com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerIntercep tor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:
    833)
    at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxM BeanServer.java:
    802)
    at
    com.ibm.ws390.management.connector.corba.CorbaConn ectorImpl.invoke(CorbaConnectorImpl.java:
    705)
    at
    com.ibm.ws390.management.connector.corba._CorbaCon nectorImplBase._invoke(_CorbaConnectorImplBase.jav a:
    406)
    at com.ibm.ws390.orb.CommonBridge.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.ws390.orb.ORBEJSBridge.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor27.invoke(Unkno wn Source)
    at
    sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl..java:
    43)
    at
    com.ibm.ws390.orb.parameters.ORBEJSBridgeInvoke.OR BEJSBridgeInvokeParmSetter(ORBEJSBridgeInvoke.java :
    149)
    . com.ibm.ws.management.DataSourceConfigHelperMBean
    com.ibm.ws.management.DataSourceConfigHelperMBean

  3. Re: WAS configuration for Oracle RAC

    On Apr 29, 11:29*pm, Prassi wrote:
> [...]

    > com.ibm.ws390.management.connector.corba._CorbaCon nectorImplBase._invoke(_C*orbaConnectorImplBase.ja va:
    > 406)
    > * * * * at com.ibm.ws390.orb.CommonBridge.invoke(Unknown Source)
    > * * * * at com.ibm.ws390.orb.ORBEJSBridge.invoke(Unknown Source)
    > * * * * at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor27.invoke(Unkno wn Source)
    > * * * * at
    > sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImp*l.java:
    > 43)
    > * * * * at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:615)
    > * * * * at
    > com.ibm.ws390.orb.parameters.ORBEJSBridgeInvoke.OR BEJSBridgeInvokeParmSette*r(ORBEJSBridgeInvoke.jav a:
    > 149)
    > *. com.ibm.ws.management.DataSourceConfigHelperMBean
    > com.ibm.ws.management.DataSourceConfigHelperMBean

    ---------------------------

    Hi,

    I am facing same problems in my setup (WebSphere6.10.15 with RAC-
    oracle 10g-2node), can you please tell me how to solve this problem.
    Basically I use the following link for configuration help
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/we..._banerjee.html

    This is very argent for so please reply as soon as possible.

    Please Help Me

    Thanks & Regards
    Ashish Singh

+ Reply to Thread