Solution to share utility project/jar among application in WAS 6.1 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Solution to share utility project/jar among application in WAS 6.1 - Websphere ; Hi, I know utility project is a very convenient tool to share codes/libraries among other projects. However, it need to create a reference in "Project Utility JAR" in EAR, right? Or in "J2EE Module dependencies" in project properties page. However, ...

  1. Solution to share utility project/jar among application in WAS 6.1

    Hi,

    I know utility project is a very convenient tool to share codes/libraries among other projects. However, it need to create a reference in "Project Utility JAR" in EAR, right?

    Or in "J2EE Module dependencies" in project properties page.

    However, once an application is deployed in WAS 6.1, must the utility project/jar must be embedded in the application's EAR?

    Or there are some settings in WAS 6.1 to include a single copy of the utility project/jar such that no need to have many duplicate copies installed/copied in WAS 6.1?

    Any advice or suggestions will be appreciate.

    Thanks for your kind attention,

    Raymond

  2. Re: Solution to share utility project/jar among application in WAS 6.1

    > Or there are some settings in WAS 6.1 to include a single copy of the
    > utility project/jar such that no need to have many duplicate copies
    > installed/copied in WAS 6.1?

    Read on Shared Libraries in the InfoCenter.

  3. Re: Solution to share utility project/jar among application in WAS6.1

    Hi Ben,

    But in RAD 7, is there any settings I need to do for

    accessing the shared libraries defined in websphere?

    thanks,

    Raymond

  4. Re: Solution to share utility project/jar among application in WAS 6.1

    No, you just need to not put them in your build.

    The Shared Library is the definition of a bundle of JAR files that you
    associate with an Enterprise Application, and the JAR files are placed
    automatically on the classpath.

+ Reply to Thread