WebSphere Migration from V5 to V6 - Websphere

This is a discussion on WebSphere Migration from V5 to V6 - Websphere ; Hello, We are plan to migrate WebSphere V5 Cell Infrastructure(Linux) to new 6(AIX). This plan is to migration on application level and infrastructure level. I never have experience on websphere migration activities. Can anyone please provide some hint and tips ...

  1. WebSphere Migration from V5 to V6

    Hello,

    We are plan to migrate WebSphere V5 Cell Infrastructure(Linux) to new 6(AIX).

    This plan is to migration on application level and infrastructure level.

    I never have experience on websphere migration activities.

    Can anyone please provide some hint and tips for websphere migration to v6.

    Please guide on migration strategies, prerequisite level, important consideration.

    I will value your inputs on this. Please help me..

  2. Re: WebSphere Migration from V5 to V6

    There is plenty of documentation.

    There are Redbooks on the subject:
    http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg246369.html.

    See also articles on developerWorks:
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/we..._chalmers.html.

    And obviously the InfoCenter:
    *
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...migrating.html
    *
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...welc6tech.html

    Enough to keep you busy a day or two... :-)

+ Reply to Thread