Unable to start WebSphere Portal Application Server 6.0 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Unable to start WebSphere Portal Application Server 6.0 - Websphere ; Hi Friends I am getting following error message after restart the portal server 6.0 (RAD 7.0) in windows envrionment. The portal server was worked quite some time but suddenly (added classpath) it is not starting up. I am not sure ...

  1. Unable to start WebSphere Portal Application Server 6.0

    Hi Friends

    I am getting following error message after restart the portal server 6.0 (RAD 7.0) in windows envrionment. The portal server was worked quite some time but suddenly (added classpath) it is not starting up. I am not sure what wrong in that. Any idea?

    ADMU0116I: Tool information is being logged in file

    C:\ibm\WebSphere1\profiles\wp_profile\logs\WebSphe re_Portal\startServer.log

    ADMU0128I: Starting tool with the wp_profile profile

    ADMU3100I: Reading configuration for server: WebSphere_Portal

    ADMU3200I: Server launched. Waiting for initialization status.

    ADMU3011E: Server launched but failed initialization. startServer.log,

    SystemOut.log(or job log in zOS) and other log files under

    C:\ibm\WebSphere1\profiles\wp_profile\logs\WebSphe re_Portal should

    contain failure information.

    I have checked log file but not much information found.

    Regards

    Mohan

  2. Re: Unable to start WebSphere Portal Application Server 6.0

    what did you add to the classpath

  3. Re: Unable to start WebSphere Portal Application Server 6.0

    Hi Jim,

    I have added external jar files path in the classpath (C:\IBM\lib). I have modified many times classpath entries in app server admin console. But this time not happening smoothly. In the log also does't show any additional information.

    Regards

    Mohan

  4. Re: Unable to start WebSphere Portal Application Server 6.0

    I have updated server.xml (removed path which I added newly) and server started promptly. But JNDI lookup failure with following error message.

    javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Cannot instantiate class: com.ibm.Websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.Websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory

    ws.ext.dirs = ...;C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP70\runtimes\base_v6/lib;...

    why the server is not loading WsnInitialContextFactory class? The ws.ext.dirs path able see at the time server start up (in console). If I added jar files in the server classpath is not even starting?

    Any Idea?

    Regards

    Mohan

  5. Re: Unable to start WebSphere Portal Application Server 6.0

    you can get a classnotfound exception when the class is defined twice in the classpath

  6. Re: Unable to start WebSphere Portal Application Server 6.0

    I got the solution. All the character should be in lower case websphere .

    com.ibm. w ebsphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory

    thanks Jim, for your response...

    Regards

    Mohan

+ Reply to Thread