MQJMS0003 - invalid destination, setFromProperties - Websphere

This is a discussion on MQJMS0003 - invalid destination, setFromProperties - Websphere ; I have some java code that runs within Apache Jmeter, but when I attempt to build and run it as a stand-alone program, I get the following message at run time. javax.jms.InvalidDestinationException: MQJMS0003: Destination not understood or no longer valid ...

  1. MQJMS0003 - invalid destination, setFromProperties

    I have some java code that runs within Apache Jmeter, but when I attempt to build and run it as a stand-alone program, I get the following message at run time.

    javax.jms.InvalidDestinationException: MQJMS0003: Destination not understood or no longer valid

    at com.ibm.mq.jms.MQDestionation.setFromProperties(MQ Destination.java:1197)

    at com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueue.setFromProperties(MQQueue.j ava:567)

    at com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueue. (MQQueue.java:167)

    at com.ibm.mq.jam.MQSession.createQueue(MQSession.jav a:4567)

    at com.lmco.jwd.eis.dvex.MQComm.sendBinaryMessageToQu eue(MQComm.java:129)

    at com.lmco.jwd.eis.dvex.MQComm.java:224)

    The connection string being sent to .createQueue(...) is

    queue://ops.qmgr/INQ_FN1234?priority=0@persistence=1@targetClient=1 encoding=273@ccsid=

    It looks to me like the code is getting the destination from a properties table. Where is the code going for these properties? What am I missing?

  2. Re: MQJMS0003 - invalid destination, setFromProperties

    Try & instead of @ as the delimiter in the following string literal:

    queue://ops.qmgr/INQ_FN1234?priority=0@persistence=1@targetClient=1 encoding=273@ccsid=

    And, also delimit targetClient and encoding properties.

    --
    Warm regards,
    Saket

    wastedmonkeys.com

    a Hursley view on WebSphere MQ @ http://hursleyonwmq.wordpress.com

  3. Re: MQJMS0003 - invalid destination, setFromProperties

    Thank you for your suggestion. I changed the delimiters from "@" to "&" and it now runs cleanly. You saved me many hours of research. Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread