limiting the puma search results - Websphere

This is a discussion on limiting the puma search results - Websphere ; i'm using puma SPI to search users. i want to limit the number of search results. though there can be 300 matches to my search criteria i want to fetch only first 200 matches? how can i achieve this? where ...

  1. limiting the puma search results

    i'm using puma SPI to search users. i want to limit the number of search results. though there can be 300 matches to my search criteria i want to fetch only first 200 matches? how can i achieve this? where do i have to configure this limit?

    thanks.

  2. Re: how to limit the puma search results?

    I do not see a way to limit the result set

  3. Re: how to limit the puma search results?

    thank you..

    But will i be able to limit my results if i reduce the "searchTimeOut" in wmm.xml? or is there any way to obtain the results before the exception is thrown? i.e. if the "maximumSearchResults" is set as 100 and the exception is thrown if there are more that 100 matches. is it possible to get that 100 results it had fetched?

  4. Re: how to limit the puma search results?

    I will look into this

  5. Re: how to limit the puma search results?

    we looked into this, but there is no way that we can see

  6. Re: how to limit the puma search results?

    Thanks Jim.

    Is there any optimum value for the "MaximumSearchResult" in wmm.xml? 200 is the default value given in wmm.xml. upto which value can this be increased? for ex: If i increase the "MaximumSearchResult" value to 500 or 750, what will be performance impact? And what will be the maximum value i can have so that there will be minimum or no performance impact on search?

  7. Re: how to limit the puma search results?

    no optimum value, just realize that if you do search for anything and it is over the limit an exception will be thrown. The hit will be on the first time. WMM will cache the data and pull from the cache next time. but the first time it has to pull from the LDAP.

    Jim

  8. Re: how to limit the puma search results?

    Thank you!!!

  9. Re: limiting the puma search results

    On Apr 24, 7:21*am, aart...@gmail.com wrote:
    > i'm using puma SPI to search users. i want to limit the number of search results. though there can be 300 matches to my search criteria i want to fetch only first 200 matches? how can i achieve this? where do i have to configure this limit?
    >
    > thanks.

    You can use the javax.naming.directory.SearchControls
    setCountLimit to limit the number of searches.

    Manjula

+ Reply to Thread