WAS 6.1.0.15. Node synchronize fails with security on - Websphere

This is a discussion on WAS 6.1.0.15. Node synchronize fails with security on - Websphere ; After creating new application server in the admin console, the node cannot be synchronized. The following is from nodeagent/SystemOut.log: 08-04-23 16:29:50:445 CEST 00000055 NodeSync E ADMS0005E: The system is unable to generate synchronization request: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.AdminExcept ion: Admin client connection to ...

  1. WAS 6.1.0.15. Node synchronize fails with security on

    After creating new application server in the admin console, the node cannot be synchronized.

    The following is from nodeagent/SystemOut.log:

    08-04-23 16:29:50:445 CEST 00000055 NodeSync E ADMS0005E: The system is unable to generate synchronization request: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.AdminExcept ion: Admin client connection to deployment manager is unavailable; nodeagent has not discovered the dmgr

    at com.ibm.ws.management.sync.NodeSync.getAdminClient (NodeSync.java:521)

    at com.ibm.ws.management.sync.NodeSync.getCellReposit oryEpoch(NodeSync.java:396)
    at com.ibm.ws.management.sync.NodeSyncTask.doSync(Nod eSyncTask.java:258)

    at com.ibm.ws.management.sync.NodeSyncTask.run(NodeSy ncTask.java:178)

    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:797)

    If I disable security and restart, then the synchronization succeeds. But enabling security again yields same problem again.

    Any ideas?

    /Chr

  2. Re: WAS 6.1.0.15. Node synchronize fails with security on

    what parameters did you give for the syncNode command? did you specify the username/password. Best way is to enter those values in the soap.client.props for the DM and NA.

    Is the Deployment Manager UP? or any firewall issues to connect to the SOAP port? Can you also check if the cell discovery and the node discovery ports are listening

  3. Re: WAS 6.1.0.15. Node synchronize fails with security on

    Let me first say that I am a rookie with regards to administrating the WAS.

    I only work within the administrative console, so I have not specified username/password.

    Deployment manager and node is all on the same machine so there ought not be any firewall issues as I see it.

    Could you describe where you would enter the values you mention.

    I suppose the deployment manager is up, how can I check it?

    /Chr

  4. Re: WAS 6.1.0.15. Node synchronize fails with security on

    There are number of ways to check the status of dmgr,

    first check the Dmgr Sysout log at /opt/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/Dmgr01/logs/dmgr/SystemOut.log

    to see if it started properly.

    go to /opt/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/Dmgr01/bin and run serverStatus.sh(.bat) dmgr (serverStatus "servername")

    should say something like, The Deployment Manager "dmgr" is STARTED

    Since security is enabled by default, use the command syncNode.sh(.bat) "hostname" 8879 -conntype SOAP -username **** -password **** from the server profile dir

  5. Re: WAS 6.1.0.15. Node synchronize fails with security on

    As expected the deployment manager was started.

    But I noticed this a bit up in the log:

    Caused by: javax.management.JMRuntimeException: ADMN0022E: Access is denied for the isNodeSynchronized operation on NodeSync MBean because of insufficient or empty credentials.

    soap.client.props has

    com.ibm.SOAP.securityEnabled=false

    I still tried the synchNode command but it required the nodeagent be shut down (ADMU0403E: The syncNode command may only be run when the node agent is stopped.), and I dare not do that while users are on the system, so I'll try that tonight.

    The part I wonder most is that we have another server with the same setup that has no trouble synchronizing although global security is enabled.

  6. Re: WAS 6.1.0.15. Node synchronize fails with security on

    Now I have tried the synchNode command. It seems to succeed, but the console just displays a questionmark. But starting the nodeagent again switches the status right back to 'Not synchronized'.

    Everything seems to running alright, so it puzzles me.

    I even tried filling in the soap.client.props info - didn't help either.

    /Chr

  7. Re: WAS 6.1.0.15. Node synchronize fails with security on

    stop the nodeagent, remove the contents of wstemp directory in the ApSrv profile, then try syncing. Also include the -trace parameter for the syncNode command to figure out the issue.

  8. Re: WAS 6.1.0.15. Node synchronize fails with security on

    try hitting the refresh button couple of times, the question mark button might disappear and give the green check if there are no issues. Make sure, there is nodeagent discovery and deployments discovery statements are in the corresponding SystemOut logs.

  9. Re: WAS 6.1.0.15. Node synchronize fails with security on

    Go through your SystemOut.log file and see if you are receiving any LTPA related errors.

    The security handshake between the node & DMgr happens based on LTPA keys and if the keys mismatch, the node synchronization process can throw an error complaining about the credentials.

  10. Re: WAS 6.1.0.15. Node synchronize fails with security on

    Although our system is the version 6.1.0.19 but my problems are almost the same: I've changed the wasadmin password and after system restart I cannot synchronize the nodes... and it does give me LTPA-related exceptions.

    Can someone tell me how to fix this problem, what are the steps?

    Many thanks in advance

  11. Re: WAS 6.1.0.15. Node synchronize fails with security on

    Hi all,
    please ignore my previous post... the technote under

    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg21256653

    solved the problem.

    Cheers

  12. Re: WAS 6.1.0.15. Node synchronize fails with security on

    Hi,

    Log time since the last post, maybe that's why the technote url it's no more valid.

    I'm having the same problem, but in Websphere 7.0.0.5, ¿someone have that technote?

    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by perrefe; 07-15-2010 at 08:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread