New Page, Edit Page - banner.jspf - Websphere

This is a discussion on New Page, Edit Page - banner.jspf - Websphere ; Is there any way to have separate Link for "New Page" and "Edit Page" on 6.0 Themes.I do not want to have flyout to have these tasks. I added a piece of code in banner.jspf, but when I click the ...

  1. New Page, Edit Page - banner.jspf

    Is there any way to have separate Link for "New Page" and "Edit Page" on 6.0 Themes.I do not want to have flyout to have these tasks.

    I added a piece of code in banner.jspf, but when I click the link it does navigate, but i got "portlet unavailable"(Please see the attached one), when I look at the log it says, parentNodeID must not be null. Use getCreateSharedNodePermissions(DatabaseDomain domain) instead

    Any help appreciated, Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: New Page, Edit Page - banner.jspf

    well you could do it like in 5.1, it was in the 5.1 adminlinkbarinclude.jsp

  3. Re: New Page, Edit Page - banner.jspf

    Thanks, but the piece of code is in pageContextMenu.jsp, I took required links from this file.

  4. Re: New Page, Edit Page - banner.jspf

    I am not sure what you are trying to get across but

    In 5.1 there was no flyout which you seem to suggest you want, you do not want a flyout, but just links like edit page and create page. It is best for space reasons to put them up at the header.

    Or do you want them to be to the right(or left) of every page name?

  5. Re: New Page, Edit Page - banner.jspf

    I just want to have these two links at the right extreme(before logout link) of any page,the below one gives link.

    portal-navigation:urlGeneration contentNode=" " layoutNode='

    portal-navigation:urlParam name="OCN" value="
    portal-navigation:urlParam name="WCN" value="

    a href="

  6. Re: New Page, Edit Page - banner.jspf

    that should work but you can try the older way

    wps-internal:adminlinkinfo name="

    wps:urlGeneration contentNode=" "
    portletWindowState="Normal"
    pacCheck="

    wps:urlParam name="
    wps:urlParam name=" " value="
    wps:urlParam name=" " value="
    wps:urlParam name=" " value="
    wps:urlParam name="

    td class="wpsLinkBar" valign="middle" align="
    a href="

    and you make sure to put this in your default.jsp

  7. Re: New Page, Edit Page - banner.jspf

    I have a question on v6.0 themes, is there any way to disable the flyout? have any of you implemented?

  8. Re: New Page, Edit Page - banner.jspf

    you can disable it via theme policies

    Jim

  9. Re: New Page, Edit Page - banner.jspf

    is it require any coding effort? or configuration changes on portal server? could be appreciated if you throw some light on it. Thanks.

  10. Re: New Page, Edit Page - banner.jspf

    Take a look at this from the infocenter http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...69%63%69%22%20

    you can turn off various flyouts

    such as setting this one to false

    renderMainMenu

    turns off the main menu

    this turns off the contextmenus(portlet and page)

    renderContextMenus

    these two turn off the two big flyouts

    renderContentPalette

    renderPeoplePalette

  11. Re: New Page, Edit Page - banner.jspf

    Thank you so much, let me go thru them and try to customize.

  12. Re: New Page, Edit Page - banner.jspf

    Jim,

    I created a customized theme Policy then I turned off the renderMainMenu,renderContextMenus from createThemePolicyNode.xml for my customized theme policy,

    but I am getting java script error when I access the portlet Menu.

    I turned off for the below two,

    renderContentPalette

    renderPeoplePalette

    it would be appreicated, if you tell me, where am i going wrong?

    Thanks in advance.

  13. Re: New Page, Edit Page - banner.jspf

    the portlet menu is a contextmenu so if you want to use the drop down one, you have to put that to true

  14. Re: New Page, Edit Page - banner.jspf

    I need to set both "renderContextMenus" and "renderMainMenu" as false, in spite of setting false

    1.I am getting "permission denied" java script error, at " if ( window.parent.wpsFLY_checkForEmptyExpandedFlyout ) ", in flyoutInit.html at the time of loading the (Iframe) portlets.

    2.When I click portletMenu I get "permission denied" javascript error at " if (window.frames[c].getMenuContents)" in js.jsp.

    Thanks in advance.

  15. Re: New Page, Edit Page - banner.jspf

    one more info, I did set false for peoplepalatte and portletpalatte.

  16. Re: New Page, Edit Page - banner.jspf

    for the portlet contextmenus to work you need to set that to true though

  17. Re: New Page, Edit Page - banner.jspf

    yes, it worked for me, Thanks for your suggestion.

+ Reply to Thread