Websphere Portal Admin console Problem after migration 5.0 to 6.0 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Websphere Portal Admin console Problem after migration 5.0 to 6.0 - Websphere ; HI, I have migrated the Websphere Portal from 5.0.2.2 to 6.0,using WPMigration.sh import-portal-conent succesfull. After the migration, I restarted the Portal server and use to access url: http://localhost:10038/wps/portal , and http://localhost:10038/wps/portal/Administration The admin console is loading and left navigation menu ...

  1. Websphere Portal Admin console Problem after migration 5.0 to 6.0

    HI,

    I have migrated the Websphere Portal from 5.0.2.2 to 6.0,using WPMigration.sh import-portal-conent succesfull.

    After the migration, I restarted the Portal server and use to access url: http://localhost:10038/wps/portal,

    and http://localhost:10038/wps/portal/Administration

    The admin console is loading and left navigation menu is coming,but if i click any of the menu like "manage page" , "themes and skins" , "web modules" it throws error "This Portlet is unavailable"

    For reference attached SystemOut.log

    Please give me solution for this

  2. Re: Websphere Portal Admin console Problem after migration 5.0 to6.0

    did you copy any jar files over or any shared libraries?

  3. Re: Websphere Portal Admin console Problem after migration 5.0 to6.0

    Hi jim,

    yes i Have copied some jar files from WPS 5.0 to WPS6.0 under

    shared/app/

    Following are jar files i have copied to wps6.0

    1. common.jar

    2. chartmodelers.jar

    3. WebScanner.jar

    4. reports_generator.jar

    5. wcl.jar

    6. admin.jar

    7. Activation.jar

    And remaining wps related jar already there in wps 6.0

  4. Re: Websphere Portal Admin console Problem after migration 5.0 to6.0

    take those out and see if it behaves better, because the webscanner, wcl and admin jars and maybe even the common are allready there and now portal cannot load the classes it needs to because it finds them twice

  5. Re: Websphere Portal Admin console Problem after migration 5.0 to6.0

    ok, just remove the admin, the wcl, the webscanner and the activation jar and restart

  6. Re: Websphere Portal Admin console Problem after migration 5.0 to6.0

    Hi jim,

    I got the admin console link, after i removed the jars and also login using prepare username password.

    Thanks a lot

    with thanks & regards

    jeje

+ Reply to Thread