Passing on the URL params on login URL to portlet - Websphere

This is a discussion on Passing on the URL params on login URL to portlet - Websphere ; I am trying to read the params passed on to the portal URL (like https://myserver/wps/myportal?param=value ) This is prompting to login and after which i couldn't access the params. I tried portletRequest and HttpServeletRequest both. Server : WPS 5.0.2 Requirement ...

  1. Passing on the URL params on login URL to portlet

    I am trying to read the params passed on to the portal URL (like https://myserver/wps/myportal?param=value)

    This is prompting to login and after which i couldn't access the params. I tried portletRequest and HttpServeletRequest both.

    Server : WPS 5.0.2

    Requirement : depending on the params, change the behavior of the portlet.

    Catch : URL will be generated by a separate system

    Problem : Unable to keep the request params

    Tested in UTE on WSAD

    Please point me to the right direction/forum thread if already exists.

    Thanks in Advance.

  2. Re: Passing the URL params on login URL to portlet

    are you using jsr 168 or ibm portlet api?

  3. Re: Passing the URL params on login URL to portlet

    IBM Portlets

  4. Re: Passing the URL params on login URL to portlet

    well after the login are they still present in the url? I think it does a redirect after login which is causing them to be dropped, you can try capturing them in loginuserauth and storing them in the session

  5. Re: Passing the URL params on login URL to portlet

    Thanks for the response Jim. You are right, URL params are not being propagated after login.

    Is there any other mechanism to this (Instead of customizing the LoginUserAuth) ?

  6. Re: Passing the URL params on login URL to portlet

    are you using a third party authenicator or something like that? how are you logging in? through the normal screen?

  7. Re: Passing the URL params on login URL to portlet

    no, I am using the default portal Authentication(configured to LDAP), using normal login screen.

  8. Re: Passing the URL params on login URL to portlet

    well not that I can think of. what value do you have for redirect.login in configservice.properties under portalserver/shared/app/config/services

  9. Re: Passing the URL params on login URL to portlet

    Please see the Redirect login param values :

    redirect.login = true; redirect.login.ssl = false; redirect.login.url = ;

  10. Re: Passing the URL params on login URL to portlet

    try setting it to false and see if that changes the behavior for you