jt400.jar - Websphere

This is a discussion on jt400.jar - Websphere ; I have enabled EIM to authenticate users via kerberos aginst my win2003 domain kontroler. allso enabled my web app to use the kerberos. Now i need to use the AS400 conn = new AS400(system,username,password) and i don't won't the user ...

  1. jt400.jar

    I have enabled EIM to authenticate users via kerberos aginst my win2003
    domain kontroler.
    allso enabled my web app to use the kerberos.
    Now i need to use the AS400 conn = new AS400(system,username,password) and i
    don't won't the user to have to enter the password.
    I have allso looked at the IBM documentation but havent been able to find
    anything on how to enable the jt400 to use the kerberos credentials.
    If anybody has a piece of kode that shows how to accomplish the use of AS400
    class with kerberos through EIM.
    Only the part where i have to give EIM the kerberos ticket and Use the
    AS400 without the password and username.

  2. Re: jt400.jar

    There was some discussion of Kerberos on the JTOpen newsgroup
    but I don't
    know that any example was given. Perhaps there will be something there
    that can get you going in the right direction.

    -Stevers

    filip wrote:
    > I have allso looked at the IBM documentation but havent been able to find
    > anything on how to enable the jt400 to use the kerberos credentials.
    > If anybody has a piece of kode that shows how to accomplish the use of AS400
    > class with kerberos through EIM.
    > Only the part where i have to give EIM the kerberos ticket and Use the
    > AS400 without the password and username.

  3. Re: jt400.jar

    Haven't found anything i haven't seen yet. I know that iseries navigator is
    in java and this all works so it must be possible, and not that complicated
    "Stevers" wrote in message
    > There was some discussion of Kerberos on the JTOpen newsgroup
    > but I don't know
    > that any example was given. Perhaps there will be something there that can
    > get you going in the right direction.
    >
    > -Stevers
    >
    > filip wrote:
    >> I have allso looked at the IBM documentation but havent been able to find
    >> anything on how to enable the jt400 to use the kerberos credentials.
    >> If anybody has a piece of kode that shows how to accomplish the use of
    >> AS400 class with kerberos through EIM.
    >> Only the part where i have to give EIM the kerberos ticket and Use the
    >> AS400 without the password and username.

  4. Re: jt400.jar

    Have you looked at the JGSS information in the InfoCenter?:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...v5r4/index.jsp

  5. Re: jt400.jar

    i apologise, found lot of different stuff when looked closely
    "Stevers" wrote in message
    > There was some discussion of Kerberos on the JTOpen newsgroup
    > but I don't know
    > that any example was given. Perhaps there will be something there that can
    > get you going in the right direction.
    >
    > -Stevers
    >
    > filip wrote:
    >> I have allso looked at the IBM documentation but havent been able to find
    >> anything on how to enable the jt400 to use the kerberos credentials.
    >> If anybody has a piece of kode that shows how to accomplish the use of
    >> AS400 class with kerberos through EIM.
    >> Only the part where i have to give EIM the kerberos ticket and Use the
    >> AS400 without the password and username.

+ Reply to Thread