RSS Portlet - Websphere

This is a discussion on RSS Portlet - Websphere ; We have been using IBM RSS Portlets for News and other info on our Portal 6 environment. These feeds are Public and anyone can view the data. However we now have requirement to display secured content from another site within ...

  1. RSS Portlet

    We have been using IBM RSS Portlets for News and other info on our Portal 6 environment. These feeds are Public and anyone can view the data.

    However we now have requirement to display secured content from another site within the organization on Portal. Both Portal and this Website from which data will be pulled is configured with Tivoli access manager.

    1. Can we use the out of the box IBM RSS Portlet and if yes how ?

    2. If No, then what options do we have ?

    Thanks

  2. Re: RSS Portlet

    the RSS portlet that comes with portal supports only basic auth

    I think you might be able to use the feed reader

    http://catalog.lotus.com/wps/portal/...abel=1WP1001GK

    Jim

  3. Re: RSS Portlet

    Thank you Jim,

    I downloaded the portlet and installed it, however it always gives 403 error even on public rss feeds like from cnn etc.

    I searched for any documentation for this portlet but couldn't find any. Is there anything specific like a readme file that give info about configuring this portlet. OR can anyone who has used this portlet share some info ?

    Thanks

  4. Re: RSS Portlet

    did you make sure and follow the steps under the tab details and then technology requirements? is hidden but until you do that it will not work. and yes I have used this, but you have to have the fix and have it configured

  5. Re: RSS Portlet

    hello Jim,

    I was able to get the feed reader portlet to work. Thank you,

    However, I think , it internally uses /.war/css/readerStyle.css for styling the content. Although we would like to use our own CSS, Just the way RSS portlet allows parameter/value pairs specified for CSS styling.

    thanks

  6. Re: RSS Portlet

    I assume you could put your own css in there but I know of no way to get it to pull from the theme