Add Sametime Contact List portlet to People palette - Websphere

This is a discussion on Add Sametime Contact List portlet to People palette - Websphere ; Hi, I need to add the STCL portlet to the people palette. can anybody help me? Thanks alot Motasem Qudah...

  1. Add Sametime Contact List portlet to People palette

    Hi,

    I need to add the STCL portlet to the people palette.

    can anybody help me?

    Thanks alot

    Motasem Qudah

  2. Re: Add Sametime Contact List portlet to People palette

    what is the problem you are having? one of the issues you might run into is that I believe it calls the portlet in solo mode when it renders the flyout so you would need to change that.

  3. Re: Add Sametime Contact List portlet to People palette

    hi Jim.

    can you please give me some hints on how to add the portlet to the people palette.

    thanks alot

  4. Re: Add Sametime Contact List portlet to People palette

    well you would use the portal admin just to add the portlet like any other portlet to the page

    The page has a uniquename of

    ibm.portal.People Palette

    the url is generated like this in head.jspf

    url:"<portal-navigation:urlGeneration contentNode='ibm.portal.People Palette' layoutNode='ibm.portal.People Palette Control' newWindow='true' portletWindowState='Normal'><% wpsURL.write(out); %></portal-navigation:urlGeneration>",

    icon: "<portal-logic:urlFindInTheme file='images/toolBar/people.gif'/>",

    activeIcon: "<portal-logic:urlFindInTheme file='images/toolBar/Active_people.gif'/>",

    hoverIcon: "<portal-logic:urlFindInTheme file='images/toolBar/EnabledHover_people.gif'/>",

    active:false,

    altText:"<portal-fmt:text key='link.palette.people' bundle='nls.engine'/>",

    activeAltText:"<portal-fmt:text key='link.palette.close' bundle='nls.engine'/>"

    }

    you would just need to edit the page via the admin to add another portlet to that page

  5. Re: Add Sametime Contact List portlet to People palette

    hi Jim,

    when i navigate to the Poeple Palette i can see the people finder portlet but i can not see the add portlet button to add the new portlet.

    thanks

  6. Re: Add Sametime Contact List portlet to People palette

    looks like something is blocking it will have to look into this some more

  7. Re: Add Sametime Contact List portlet to People palette

    Ok I found the issue, by default the container for the portlets has this attribute

    modifiable="false"

    you need to export the page

    set that to undefined and then import the xml back in and then you can add portlets

  8. Re: Add Sametime Contact List portlet to People palette

    thank you Jim, it is ok now i added the STCL portlet to the people palette. but i have two issues, the first one when i add a new person to the list and click Return to list this error appears:

    Sametime Contact List allows users to work with Sametime Instant Messaging on a Sametime server with all Sametime users in your organization. Users can chat, display only online names in the list, sort the list, modify a status message, or modify groups.

    To configure, contact your portal administrator.

    Error

    Sametime is either not enabled in the portal, or the Sametime server is unavailable.

    the second issue is, the STCL portlet appears only if i open the people palette from the administration pages.

  9. Re: Add Sametime Contact List portlet to People palette

    What version of portal are you on?

    The other problem is most likely that the plain theme does not have the st stuff added.

    Jim

  10. Re: Add Sametime Contact List portlet to People palette

    i have 6.0.1.3

    please note that i have a customized theme, and the stcl portlet itself is working in another place

    thanks

  11. Re: Add Sametime Contact List portlet to People palette

    what do you mean it works in another place?

    the flyout uses its own theme template(Plain.jsp) so that could be part of the issue

    Now for the customized theme I would look in the head.jspf and see if you are calling the portlet to render in solo mode or not

  12. Re: Add Sametime Contact List portlet to People palette

    i already have a page uses the customized theme contains the stcl portlet and it is working fine

  13. Re: Add Sametime Contact List portlet to People palette

    ok, Did you check your head.jspf to see how it called the page in the flyout?

    Jim

  14. Re: Add Sametime Contact List portlet to People palette

    i copied the content of head.jspf from IBM to head.jspf in my customized theme, and it worked, but is it recommended to copy all contents?

    for now i have an issue when i add a new person to the list and click Return to list, the error message still appearing:

    Error

    Sametime is either not enabled in the portal, or the Sametime server is unavailable.

  15. Re: Add Sametime Contact List portlet to People palette

    Did you find a solution to this issue?

+ Reply to Thread