Re: Show file size in PDM? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Re: Show file size in PDM? - Websphere ; Did anyone conquer this? We have the same issue - the user is unaware of the size of the file before downloading it. Is there a nice way to do this via WCM perhaps?...

  1. Re: Show file size in PDM?

    Did anyone conquer this? We have the same issue - the user is unaware of the size of the file before downloading it. Is there a nice way to do this via WCM perhaps?

  2. Re: Show file size in PDM?

    You can show PDM document size in WCM components without any trouble.

    The process looks something like this:

    1. Create a Personalization rule to select the documents you want to show.

    2. Create a Personalziation component in WCM to reference the Personalization rule you created and to render the document list. The panels for the personalization component would look something like this:

    Header:

    Posted

    Size (in bytes)

    Letter Number

    Title

    Design for each menu search result:

    !-- uncommment this to get the document title as a link

    a href='

    Footer:

    3. Create a copy of the Content Viewer Portlet to show your document list

    4. Configure the copy of the Content Viewer Portlet to reference your Personalization component.

    It's not ideal, but it works...

+ Reply to Thread