error reading spring/hibernate mapplinglocations on WAS 6.1.0.15 - Websphere

This is a discussion on error reading spring/hibernate mapplinglocations on WAS 6.1.0.15 - Websphere ; Currently I'm facing an issue with an ear deployed via de admin console. When starting the application it fails because it cant read the hbm files indicated by: final error msg: with Bad file descriptor C:\Program%20Files\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profile s\profile1\installedApps\WPNL D8610117Node02Cell\jarname It works ...

  1. error reading spring/hibernate mapplinglocations on WAS 6.1.0.15

    Currently I'm facing an issue with an ear deployed via de admin console. When starting the application it fails because it cant read the hbm files indicated by:

    final error msg: with Bad file descriptor C:\Program%20Files\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profile s\profile1\installedApps\WPNL D8610117Node02Cell\jarname

    It works correctly on 6.1.0.13 (cross checked it with a colleague)

    another afternoon waisted on finding this out, is there a possible fix?

    regards,

    jeroen.

  2. Re: error reading spring/hibernate mapplinglocations on WAS 6.1.0.15

    On Apr 2, 12:53*pm, jer...@dijkmeijer.com wrote:
    > Currently I'm facing an issue with an ear deployed via de admin console. When starting the application it fails because it cant read the hbm files indicated by:

    > final error msg: with Bad file descriptor C:\Program%20Files\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profile s\profile1\installedApps\*WPNL D8610117Node02Cell\jarname

    > It works correctly on 6.1.0.13 (cross checked it with a colleague)

    > another afternoon waisted on finding this out, is there a possible fix?

    > regards,

    > jeroen.

    We had a similar problem: the program worked fine under WAS 6.1 FP 13
    but failed under FP 15.

    The message that we were getting was

    [02/04/08 14:00:29:321 BST] 0000002d SystemOut O 2008-04-02 14:00:
    29,306 [ERROR] ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(214) - Context
    initialization failed
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionSt oreException: Could
    not resolve bean definition resource pattern [classpath*: spring/
    applicationContext-*.xml]; nested exception is
    java.util.zip.ZipException: Bad file descriptor D:\Program%20Files\IBM
    \WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\install edApps
    \Box08Cell01\ArtistOnline.ear\M2ArtistOnline-3.0.war\WEB-INF\lib
    \M2ArtistCore-3.0.jar

    Note the %20 where a blank should be.

    We found that the recently published interim fix PK64379 '6.1.0.15:
    ClassLoader.getResource encodes spaces in URLs' fixes it.

  3. Re: error reading spring/hibernate mapplinglocations on WAS6.1.0.15

    Apparantly the good people at springsource found it, and pointed me to the detailed description:

    http://www-1.ibm.co m/support/docview.wss?rs=180&context=SSEQTP&dc=D400&uid=swg24018970&loc=en_US&cs =UTF-8&lang=en&rss=ct180websphere

+ Reply to Thread