Removing some text from portal home page (login page) - Websphere

This is a discussion on Removing some text from portal home page (login page) - Websphere ; Hi All, On my login page (portal v6) I have the following text, which I wish to remove : Already Signed Up? Type your user ID and password to log on to the site. First-time Visitor? Sign up to get ...

  1. Removing some text from portal home page (login page)

    Hi All,

    On my login page (portal v6) I have the following text, which I wish to remove :

    Already Signed Up?

    Type your user ID and password to log on to the site.

    First-time Visitor?

    Sign up to get a user ID and password. Sign up now!

    Regardless of whgere I look (engine_en.properties, and ALL of the .jps files) I cannot find this text. I'm sure it must be easy to remove...

    Can anyone help?

    Many thanks!

  2. Re: Removing some text from portal home page (login page)

    it is actually a specific portlet that is pulling it, you can remove the information portlet from the page and it will be gone

    Jim

  3. Re: Removing some text from portal home page (login page)

    Hi Jim,

    Many thanks for the reply,

    Unfortunately I can not see the information portlet included on either the login page or the pogin portlet.

    Any more ideas on this one? Someone suggested that I may have to look in the login.war and modify the jspfs there.

    Any help much appreciated!

    Dave

  4. Re: Removing some text from portal home page (login page)

    in my portal these inherit from other pages, do an xmlaccess and you should be able to see it

  5. Re: Removing some text from portal home page (login page)

    Hi Jim,

    Please forgive my ignorance. I'm not sure what XMLaccess is.

    I have been searching around my server using an FTP program.....

    I have found login.jsp in my screens folder, but can not find the text in there.

    I have found several instances of login.war, and can not find it in any of those files either.

    I can not find information.war on the server (to check the information portlet) and can not find the text in there either. I have found the login applet on the login page in my page library within portal, but it does not seem to be using an information portlet...

    I have checked engine_en.properties etc., and have even got our UNIX administator to do a command line search for the text within a file.

    Can you tell me what XMLaccess is by any chance, or do you have a link to it?

    I have been scouring the IBM site for a solution to this problem for days, but to no avail.

    Many thanks again,

    Dave

  6. Re: Removing some text from portal home page (login page)

    xmlaccess information

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wpdoc/v6r0/topic/com.ibm.wp.ent.doc/wps/admxmlai.html

    the portlet that actually holds the text you are referencing is the blurb portlet

    Looks like this one

    and on the page it is configured like this

    http://jsp/oob/home_welcome_login.jsp]>

    so it is referencing the home_welcome_login.jsp

    which in my installation is located here

    Y:\ibm\PortalServer\installedApps\BlurbPortlet_zkf 4zwh.ear\Blurb.war\jsp\oob\html

    and looking at the text

    looks to be be the text you are talking about

  7. Re: Removing some text from portal home page (login page)

    Many thanks again for all your help Jim.

    I ended up blanking out the text in the home properties file.

    Dave

  8. Re: Removing some text from portal home page (login page)

    On Apr 11, 8:58 am, david.lasl...@firstchoice.co.uk wrote:
    > Many thanks again for all your help Jim.

    > I ended up blanking out the text in the home properties file.

    > Dave

    Home properties file? Thanks.

  9. Re: Removing some text from portal home page (login page)

    On May 1, 2:25 pm, gmarsha...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Apr 11, 8:58 am, david.lasl...@firstchoice.co.uk wrote:
    >
    > > Many thanks again for all your help Jim.

    > > I ended up blanking out the text in the home properties file.

    > > Dave

    > Home properties file? Thanks.

    I saw another posting elsewhere that explained to set the display to
    no:

    Administrator/Manage Portlets/Portlets/Login.wps/Edit Change the
    'ShowSignupLink' from yes to no. But it don't work for me.
    There was some discussion about it would in 6.0.0.1 but broke in 6.0.1
    but I've got one of each and it doesn't work on either one.
    One post said that his did work but that's all he added.

    :-(

+ Reply to Thread