Connect websphere MQ server v6 to Websphere ESB - Websphere

This is a discussion on Connect websphere MQ server v6 to Websphere ESB - Websphere ; Hello everyone, I have an websphere MQ v6 installed on my Local LAN and I build a java jms client to access the server to send and receive msg. Let assume that I have a websphere ESB installed somewhere else. ...

  1. Connect websphere MQ server v6 to Websphere ESB

    Hello everyone,

    I have an websphere MQ v6 installed on my Local LAN and I build a java jms client to access the server to

    send and receive msg.

    Let assume that I have a websphere ESB installed somewhere else. Is it possible to connect my local MQ

    server to the ESB server? so that when my local JMS client application send a messag to the local MQ, that

    message could be forwarded to the ESB server.

    I appreciate any comment from all of you.

    mrpc_cambodia,

  2. Re: Connect websphere MQ server v6 to Websphere ESB

    Your architecture isn't 100% clear to me, but if I understand correctly:
    - Machine A has your Java program which uses JMS. The JMS makes use of MQ
    Client as the messaging provider.
    - Machine B has an MQ queue manager installed, and the MQ Client from
    Machine A is connecting to it.
    - Machine C has WESB installed.

    I'm not a WESB expert by any means, but I know that WESB can support "MQ
    Export" and "MQ Import" bindings that can connect to an MQ via MQ Client.
    So that means that your program running on Machine A could certainly send
    (and receive) messages to the QM on Machine B, and WESB on Machine C could
    receive (and send) them.

    In this scenario, however, I wouldn't use the term "message could be
    forwarded". Your JMS client program would just be depositing messages in a
    queue (physically on Machine B) and the WESB would be retrieving them from
    that same queue on Machine B. There is no queue manager forwarding here....
    the QM is just holding the messages.

    An alternative scenario that could probably be looked at would be to have
    the WAS SIBus which underlies your WESB connect (via an "MQ Link") to the QM
    on Machine B. In this case, there really would be "store and forward" of
    messages between "queue managers" (the MQ queue manager and the SIBus). The
    result would be the same, but there are some significant differences. Hope
    this is clear.

    --
    Carl

  3. Re: Connect websphere MQ server v6 to Websphere ESB

    Thanks for your invaluable comment.

    have a nice day.

+ Reply to Thread