Session DataBase - Persistant Data Storage - Websphere

This is a discussion on Session DataBase - Persistant Data Storage - Websphere ; If my session object has a reference to a static reference which is shared across session, will this be copied to the data base and add to my session size. I understand that this is bad, just want to know ...

  1. Session DataBase - Persistant Data Storage

    If my session object has a reference to a static reference which is shared across session, will this be copied to the data base and add to my session size.

    I understand that this is bad, just want to know if DB stores a reference to the static object or the whole content.

  2. Re: Session DataBase - Persistant Data Storage

    abhiraj.techno@gmail.com wrote:
    > If my session object has a reference to a static reference which is shared across session, will this be copied to the data base and add to my session size.

    > I understand that this is bad, just want to know if DB stores a reference to the static object or the whole content.

    It'll serialize everything that implements Serializable. You'll get
    multiple copies.

    Ken

  3. Re: Session DataBase - Persistant Data Storage

    Thank you Ken,

    Just one more doubt, if the variable has the transient modifier will it be serialized. When the application is setup on a clustered enviroment ?

    Thanks in advance.

  4. Re: Session DataBase - Persistant Data Storage

    abhiraj.techno@gmail.com wrote:
    > Thank you Ken,

    > Just one more doubt, if the variable has the transient modifier will it be serialized. When the application is setup on a clustered enviroment ?

    > Thanks in advance.

    Nope.

    WebSphere isn't doing anything special here. It's just calling Java to
    do the serialization, so anything that applies to Java serialization
    works in session replication.

    Ken

+ Reply to Thread