Re: Deployment Successful but Unable to Start the WebApplicaton - Websphere

This is a discussion on Re: Deployment Successful but Unable to Start the WebApplicaton - Websphere ; It could be space allocation, from the error message it looks like the soap connection failed for some reason, but often it is unlikely for the portlets to activate during deployment in a cluster, can you activate it by hand ...

  1. Re: Deployment Successful but Unable to Start the WebApplicaton

    It could be space allocation, from the error message it looks like the soap connection failed for some reason, but often it is unlikely for the portlets to activate during deployment in a cluster, can you activate it by hand from the portal admin console?

  2. Re: Deployment Successful but Unable to Start the WebApplicaton

    WPSconfig.sh activate-portlets

    This is how they would activate the portlets. In other environments..I activated trough the admin GUI but as it is the Prod environment we dont have access to admin GUI.

    Does it have to do any thing with the Portal Databases (any pzp related)?

    Lets say for example the DB2 which is configured with the PortalServer gets slow/down then is there a possibility of this Problem comming into picture.

    I read like when one deployes a war file portal stores all the deployment related info into its corresponding dbs and when you push them across the cluster it uses that info in the process of activation.

    Gangadhar

    Certified for WebSphere Portal Development

  3. Re: Deployment Successful but Unable to Start the WebApplicaton

    The Problem was the JVM for dmgr ran out of memory.

    Thank you.

    Gangadhar

+ Reply to Thread