Disable URL Mapping fallback - Websphere

This is a discussion on Disable URL Mapping fallback - Websphere ; We are currently using URL mappings for nice friendly URLs to our pages. However, if we have a mapping for /wps/myportal/page1/ and someone puts in /wps/myportal/page1/page2, but page2 doesn't exist, they get page1 instead of a 404. We'd rather disable ...

  1. Disable URL Mapping fallback

    We are currently using URL mappings for nice friendly URLs to our pages.

    However, if we have a mapping for /wps/myportal/page1/ and someone puts in /wps/myportal/page1/page2, but page2 doesn't exist, they get page1 instead of a 404.

    We'd rather disable this and get the 404.

    I realize we may need to override the portal PhaseListenerImpl or something equally as bad, but still, how would I go about doing this?

  2. Re: Disable URL Mapping fallback

    On Mar 20, 12:29 pm, mhowl...@massmutual.com wrote:
    > We'd rather disable this and get the 404.

    Ask your IBM contact as there is a PMR around 404 handling. You need
    to install the fix pack and enable 404 handling via a configuration
    setting. With this PMR any URL that is incorrect will return a 404
    rather than "falling back" to a page the user has available.

    Regards,

    Rick

  3. Re: Disable URL Mapping fallback

    as far as I know, there is no way to do this. did you ever find a way?

  4. Re: Disable URL Mapping fallback

    Use the switch described here:
    http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.w...id=swg1PK23639

    Be aware that in 6.x this is set in configuration services rather than a properties file. After setting this, Portal should return a 404 when it hits EJPEI0156E.

  5. Re: Disable URL Mapping fallback

    returns whatever page "somecontext" is mapped to

  6. Re: Disable URL Mapping fallback

    Since the APAR states that it introduces an option "to return a 404 error on undecodeable URLs", and since you found a condition where this does not seem to function correctly, you should contact customer support - an updated fix might be required.

+ Reply to Thread