Changing URl - Websphere

This is a discussion on Changing URl - Websphere ; Hi, I have a portal site with the url as http://localhost:10038/wps/portal/myContent. My requirement is to change this url to something like http://ibmpractice.com/myContent something similar to this. Can anyone please tell me how to do this and also share me some ...

  1. Changing URl

    Hi,

    I have a portal site with the url as

    http://localhost:10038/wps/portal/myContent.

    My requirement is to change this url to something like http://ibmpractice.com/myContent something similar to this.

    Can anyone please tell me how to do this and also share me some links.

    Need your help urgently.

    Thanks & Regards

    Jhumps

  2. Re: Changing URl

  3. Re: Changing URl

    Go to /config

    Change the file named wpconfig.properties (leave rest of the porrtion unchanged)

    WpsHostName=ibmpractice.com

    WpsContextRoot=myContent

    Save it. Restart the server.

    open browser type http://ibmpractice.com:10038/myContent.

    It should work.

    If it does not work (in case of Windows machine), open C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts add the following entry:

    localhost ibmpractice.com

    Thanks & Regards

    Biswarup

  4. Re: Changing URl

    Hi

    Thanks a lot. It worked. It was Windows problem. I forgot to add it in the host file.

    Thanks

    Jhumps

+ Reply to Thread