Linking from WCM Content to Portal Navigation - Websphere

This is a discussion on Linking from WCM Content to Portal Navigation - Websphere ; My sites navigation is all done with Portal. All the content is in WCM. Some of my top level Portal pages have WCM content that is teaser content with a link to a subnavigation item. In order to do this ...

  1. Linking from WCM Content to Portal Navigation

    My sites navigation is all done with Portal. All the content is in WCM. Some of my top level Portal pages have WCM content that is teaser content with a link to a subnavigation item. In order to do this I have created URL Mappings for all my Portal navigation items. My problem is that the URL to the Portal navigation changes from portal to myportal depending on if the user is logged in. How can I determine the correct URL from within WCM?

  2. Re: Linking from WCM Content to Portal Navigation

    It would be /wps/portal/+PortalFriendlyURL+?WCM_GLOBAL_CONTEXT=Content_Sit e_Path

  3. Re: Linking from WCM Content to Portal Navigation

    What if the user is logged in? Wouldn't the URL inClude 'myportal' instead of 'portal' or are you saying that using 'portal' will work for both logged in and not logged in users?

  4. Re: Linking from WCM Content to Portal Navigation

    On Mar 13, 10:28*pm, mrosenthalchicago
    wrote:
    > My sites navigation is all done with Portal. All the content is inWCM. Some of my top level Portal pages haveWCMcontent that is teaser content with alinkto a subnavigation item. In order to do this I have created URL Mappings for all my Portal navigation items. My problem is that the URL to the Portalnavigation changes from portal to myportal depending on if the user is logged in. How can I determine the correct URL from withinWCM?

    This problem and other related problems regarding portal and wcm link
    integration is solved using "Link Engine" design pattern.See
    http://www.xenon-pe.com

    //Thomas Nilsson

+ Reply to Thread