Not able to stop Portal Server 6.0??? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Not able to stop Portal Server 6.0??? - Websphere ; Hi All, I am trying to stop the Portal Server from command line as well as windows environment using( StopServer.bat), but I am getting the following exception. I am using the following command to stop the Portal Server. stopServer.bat WebSphere_Portal ...

  1. Not able to stop Portal Server 6.0???

    Hi All,

    I am trying to stop the Portal Server from command line as well as windows environment using( StopServer.bat), but I am getting the following exception.

    I am using the following command to stop the Portal Server.

    stopServer.bat WebSphere_Portal -username wpsadmin -password wpsadmin . But after hitting this command I am getting the following exception.

    C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\bin>stopServer WebSphere_Portal -userna

    me wpsadmin -password wpsadmin

    ADMU0116I: Tool information is being logged in file

    C:\ibm\WebSphere\profiles\wp_profile\logs\WebSpher e_Portal\stopServer

    log

    ADMU0128I: Starting tool with the wp_profile profile

    ADMU3100I: Reading configuration for server: WebSphere_Portal

    ADMU0111E: Program exiting with error: javax.management.JMRuntimeException:

    ADMN0022E: Access is denied for the stop operation on Server MBean

    because of insufficient or empty credentials.

    ADMU4113E: Verify that username and password information is on the command line

    (-username and -password) or in the <conntype>.client.props file.

    ADMU1211I: To obtain a full trace of the failure, use the -trace option.

    ADMU0211I: Error details may be seen in the file:

    C:\ibm\WebSphere\profiles\wp_profile\logs\WebSpher e_Portal\stopServer

    log

    I have checked the stopServer.log and its follows as given below .

    A ADMU0111E: Program exiting with error: javax.management.JMRuntimeException: ADMN0022E: Access is denied for the stop operation on Server MBean because of insufficient or empty credentials.

    at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnector Client.handleAdminFault(SOAPConnectorClient.java:6 86)

    at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnector Client.invokeTemplate(SOAPConnectorClient.java:653 )

    at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnector Client.invoke(SOAPConnectorClient.java:512)

    at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnector Client.invoke(SOAPConnectorClient.java:332)

    at $Proxy0.invoke(Unknown Source)

    at com.ibm.ws.management.AdminClientImpl.invoke(Admin ClientImpl.java:191)

    at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.WsServerStop.sendWaitS top(WsServerStop.java:432)

    at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.WsServerStop.runTool(W sServerStop.java:315)

    at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.AdminTool.executeUtili ty(AdminTool.java:226)

    at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.WsServerController.exe cuteUtilityOnWindows(WsServerController.java:131)

    at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.WsServerStop.main(WsSe rverStop.java:104)

    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)

    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:85)

    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:58)

    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)

    at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.WSLauncher.run(WSLauncher.jav a:219)

    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:570)

    3/12/08 20:07:07:363 IST 0000000a AdminTool A ADMU4113E: Verify that username and password information is on the command line (-username and -password) or in the <conntype>.client.props file.

    3/12/08 20:07:07:363 IST 0000000a AdminTool A ADMU1211I: To obtain a full trace of the failure, use the -trace option.

    Please help me to sort out this issue.

    I am giving wpsadmin as username and password as I used to login to the admin console using the same credentials.Its letting me to enter the admin console but when I try to stop using same username and password am getting the exception.

    Please help me.

    Thanks in advance,

    Rajendra.

  2. Re: Not able to stop Portal Server 6.0???

    You might have given wpsbind and wpsbind for WAS security. Just try this.

    Here while stopping the server you need to give WAS credentials not Portal Server's.

    Try this... stopServer WebSphere_Portal

    Now say enter.. a pop would come few moments after and Now enter the WAS credentials (Normally every one keeps these wpsbind and wpsbind).

    Gangadhar

  3. Re: Not able to stop Portal Server 6.0???

    Thanks man . Its resolved now I gave wasadmin as username and password and it worked.

    Could you please tell me the what are the new features available in Portal Server 6.0 other than Portal 5.1 Server??

    Thanks,

    Rajendra.

  4. Re: Not able to stop Portal Server 6.0???

    You are using incorrect username/password. You need to stop the server
    with Appserver admin ID.

    Oliver

  5. Re: Not able to stop Portal Server 6.0???

+ Reply to Thread