What file format does the WAS migrations wizard export to? - Websphere

This is a discussion on What file format does the WAS migrations wizard export to? - Websphere ; What file format does the WAS migrations wizard export to? Everyone is assuming it's XML in text files - is that part accurate? Also, does it use the same doc standard as the XML config tool (I think it's called ...

  1. What file format does the WAS migrations wizard export to?

    What file format does the WAS migrations wizard export to? Everyone is assuming it's XML in text files - is that part accurate? Also, does it use the same doc standard as the XML config tool (I think it's called XMLAccess?), or is it a specific doc format defined for use by the wizard.

  2. Re: What file format does the WAS migrations wizard export to?

    It looks like you are mixing tools here

    XMLAccess is just for portal configurations and it is just xml

    Portal migration uses xmlaccess under the covers for part of what it does

    WAS migration(which is not supported to do a portal migration are described here http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...%74%69%6f%6e%2 2%20%22%6d%69%67%72%61%74%22%20

    xmlconfig is a tool for was and is used for the was migration tools, and does send it to a xml file, but you may want to ask on the WebSphere boards