Re: Portlet Cache Expiration at web module or portlet level ? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Re: Portlet Cache Expiration at web module or portlet level ? - Websphere ; Hi & thanks for your answer. Actually this is precisely the setting I'm modifying. But i've noticed that the Xmlaccess representation of portlets is consistent with the described behavior. Indeed, the cache applies to the <servlet> element, not the <portlet> ...

  1. Re: Portlet Cache Expiration at web module or portlet level ?

    Hi & thanks for your answer.

    Actually this is precisely the setting I'm modifying.

    But i've noticed that the Xmlaccess representation of portlets is consistent with the described behavior.

    Indeed, the cache applies to the <servlet> element, not the <portlet> ones :

    <servlet action="update" active="true" cache-expiration="300" domain="rel" objectid="V_JGRIHKG100QV7023PJUK2O3001" referenceid="WebAppViewerWithCache.servlet" remote-cache-dynamic="false" remote-cache-scope-private="false"/>

    The portlets do not contain any expiration nor cache representation (at least AFAIK).

    Maybe it is possible to use dynacache on a portlet-level while programming it in the portlet ?

  2. Re: Portlet Cache Expiration at web module or portlet level ?

    Yes Dyna Cache can be used per portlet.

    You might want to go for command caching (it caches a serializable java object). Even If you have multiple instances for the same war file.. you can still handle them programtically.

    Gangadhar

  3. Re: Portlet Cache Expiration at web module or portlet level ?

    Thanks for your answer

    Any reference, sample or example of code to help me ?

    I dunno exactly where to look at first.

  4. Re: Portlet Cache Expiration at web module or portlet level ?

    I've added

    response.setProperty(RenderResponse.EXPIRATION_CAC HE, "300");

    in the doView() method of my custom web module, but the content just keeps being refreshed each time I reload the page.

    Dynacache is enabled in WAS.

    Any idea ?

  5. Re: Portlet Cache Expiration at web module or portlet level ?

    In the was admin consle under container services you can find this Dynamic Cache service.

    By Default it will be enabled. Just check out once as a caution.

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v6r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.websphere.express.doc/info/exp/ae/rdyn_commandxmp.html

    Gangadhar

    Certified for WebSphere Portal Development

+ Reply to Thread