Portlet Cache Expiration at web module or portlet level ? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Portlet Cache Expiration at web module or portlet level ? - Websphere ; Hi, We are using WPS 6.0.1.1 on Linux, and I've noticed that when you set an expiration value for a portlet (for example : "Portlet cache expires after this many seconds : 300 secs"), this setting does not not only ...

  1. Portlet Cache Expiration at web module or portlet level ?

    Hi,

    We are using WPS 6.0.1.1 on Linux, and I've noticed that when you set an expiration value for a portlet (for example : "Portlet cache expires after this many seconds : 300 secs"), this setting does not not only apply to the concerned portlet, but to all the portlets from the same web module (the radio buttons even change in the admin interface).

    This behavior is also the one I've observed on WPS 5.1(.0.2).

    Is there a way to specify cache at portlet-level ? Or should I set a new web module for non-cached portlets ?

    Thanks for your advices,

  2. Re: Portlet Cache Expiration at web module or portlet level ?

    can you check the page cache expiration setting? the resulting cache setting is the minimum value of all the portlets on the page and the page cache time.

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...une_cache.html

+ Reply to Thread