Login portlet - Websphere

This is a discussion on Login portlet - Websphere ; Hi all, i want to use the login portlet provided with portal, but i want to modify the look. do i have to create a portlet and import the code .. or can i directly modify the LoginView.jsp is installedApps ...

  1. Login portlet

    Hi all,

    i want to use the login portlet provided with portal, but i want to modify the look. do i have to create a portlet and import the code .. or can i directly modify the LoginView.jsp is installedApps ?

    Thank you

  2. Re: Login portlet

    what do you want to change about it? importing and modifying it would not be the way to go, as if any changes are pushed during a product fixpack they will be overwritten, it would be best to create your own

    There is a sample here

    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=688&ca=portall2&uid=swg21293879

  3. Re: Login portlet

    thanks a lot.

    i ddint import the war yet , is it a jsr 168 or ibm portlet?

  4. Re: Login portlet

    the one in the link? it is JSR 168

  5. Re: Login portlet

    Yes.

    Thanks Again

  6. Re: Login portlet

    i updated the libraries as indicated :

    but i get this errir :

    The import com.ibm.portal.portlet.service.login cannot be resolved.

    is there other steps to follow ?

    Thanks

  7. Re: Login portlet

    --

  8. Re: Login portlet

    should work, did you make sure to add the jar one jar explicitly to the classpath?

    Jim

  9. Re: Login portlet

    yeah, my mistake forgot the classpath. now its working.

    But seems like its not an option. the client wants us to use the Ibm portlet and just to modify the html/style sheet. I just dont know how we will fix the fixpacks problems ..

  10. Re: Login portlet

    I'm trying to replace the btn Log in with a image.

    this si the part that include the image , and i created a images folder under login.war.. but i get a broken gif.

    Should a use a portletresponse.encodeuri even if its deprecated ?

    Thanks

  11. Re: Login portlet

    Yes something like this works fine

    renderResponse.encodeURL(renderRequest.getContextP ath()+"/images/New_Task.gif"

    Why do you think this is deprecated?

    Jim

  12. Re: Login portlet

    Thanks . working ;-)