XMLAccess uniquename set failure - Websphere

This is a discussion on XMLAccess uniquename set failure - Websphere ; After importing the attached XML access file, and then reexporting the affected page, the uniquenames on the layout nodes and control do not take effect (there is no unique name assigned to them in the xml export). There are no ...

  1. XMLAccess uniquename set failure

    After importing the attached XML access file, and then reexporting the affected page, the uniquenames on the layout nodes and control do not take effect (there is no unique name assigned to them in the xml export). There are no errors in the xml import, and it indicates that the import was successful. Any thoughts on why the unique names are not being set?

  2. Re: XMLAccess uniquename set failure

    well first question, are you adding the unique name to this node?

    content-node action="locate" uniquename="Reservations"

    if so that needs to be an update as well not just a locate, otherwise it will locate nothing

  3. Re: XMLAccess uniquename set failure

    No, that was set within the portal admin GUI. That unique name also shows up in the reexport of the page.

  4. Re: XMLAccess uniquename set failure

    are you doing the import via the command line or via the import xml portlet?

    jim

  5. Re: XMLAccess uniquename set failure

    I've tried both, but this particular incarnation of the file has been imported on the command line. The XML output from the import command is as follows:

    D:\IBM\WebSphere\PortalServer\bin>xmlaccess -in D:\temp\PageExport.xml -user ******** -password ********

    Licensed Materials - Property of IBM, 5724-E76 and 5655-R17, (C) Copyright IBM Corp. 2001, 2006 - All Rights reserved. U

    S Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM C

    orp.

    EJPXB0006I: Connecting to URL http://localhost/wps/config

    EJPXB0002I: Reading input file D:\temp\PageExport.xml

    <!-- 1 content-node uniquename=Reservations -->

    <!-- 2 http://component 7_0032V33SH80O1JEOCL00000000 uniquename=Reservations.Layout1 -->

    <!-- 3 http://component 7_0032V33SH80O1JEODL00000000 uniquename=Reservations.Layout2 -->

    <!-- 4 http://component 7_0032V33SH80O1JEOEL00000000 uniquename=Reservations.Control -->

    <!-- 5 portletinstance 5_0032V33SH80O1JEOJG00000000 -->

    <request xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" build="wp6011_073" type="update" version="6.0.1.1" xsi:no

    NamespaceSchemaLocation="PortalConfig_1.4.0.2.xsd">

    <status element="all" result="ok"/>

    </request>

    EJPXB0020I: The request was processed successfully on the server.

    The page export is done by accessing http://localhost/wps/myportal/, and then navigating to the portal admin GUI to export the specific page.

  6. Re: XMLAccess uniquename set failure

    have you tried updating them one at a time, this does sound like a defect though