propogating user credentials in web service client - Websphere

This is a discussion on propogating user credentials in web service client - Websphere ; I am trying to invoke a web service call using Username/Password web service security tokens and I want to use the credentials of the currently logged in user. Is there a way to extract the username/password of the Subject currently ...

  1. propogating user credentials in web service client

    I am trying to invoke a web service call using Username/Password web service security tokens and I want to use the credentials of the currently logged in user. Is there a way to extract the username/password of the Subject currently logged in, and put that in the Web Service header? I have a custom JAAS login module but obtaining the password from the subject keeps returning null.

    Thanks

    Steve

  2. Re: propogating user credentials in web service client

    s_buster@cat.com wrote:
    > I am trying to invoke a web service call using Username/Password web
    > service security tokens and I want to use the credentials of the
    > currently logged in user. Is there a way to extract the
    > username/password of the Subject currently logged in, and put that in
    > the Web Service header? I have a custom JAAS login module but
    > obtaining the password from the subject keeps returning null.

    Thanks
    Steve

    The password is not accessible from the Subject. You can capture the
    password at login time, but not retrieve it later. However, you are
    probably better off doing identity assertion to the downstream service.

+ Reply to Thread