Portal 6.0 + Flex - Websphere

This is a discussion on Portal 6.0 + Flex - Websphere ; Hi all, I'm trying to put some flex in my portlets, but I have some problem to display flash in my portlets. I've followed this tuto : http://blogs.sun.com/PortalMusings/e..._your_portlets and it works for me if the swf file is deployed on ...

  1. Portal 6.0 + Flex

    Hi all,

    I'm trying to put some flex in my portlets, but I have some problem to display flash in my portlets.

    I've followed this tuto : http://blogs.sun.com/PortalMusings/e..._your_portlets and it works for me if the swf file is deployed on another Web Server (WAS 6.1 for exemple).

    If I embed the swf file in my portlet (with encoded url) nothing is displayed

    I've tried to use Adobe LiveCycles to create flex portlets, same problem, I can display swf or mxml if they are deployed on an external WAS 6.1

    I've also tried to create mxml using jsp-bootstrap in my jsp (to use mm: tags), but if I do that I've a message : "Your portlet is unavailable".

    Is there a solution to display flex/flash in my portlet without an external web server ?

    Thx.

    (sorry for my bad english)

  2. Re: Portal 6.0 + Flex

    does the log show anything for why the portlet is showing unavailable?

    Jim

  3. Re: Portal 6.0 + Flex

    No there's nothing in the logs. I've attached my web.xml and my portletview.jsp.

  4. Re: Portal 6.0 + Flex

    I do not see anything wrong with these two files, but it would be better if you had a sample portlet I could try here

  5. Re: Portal 6.0 + Flex

    Thx for your help.

    Here is a sample that tries to compile MXML directly in the jsp. The result is : the portlet is unavailable.

    The same project in a WAS 6.1 (not in a portlet) works perfectly.

  6. Re: Portal 6.0 + Flex

    You will find here another portlet that display a mxml. It works fine if the mxml is deployed in an external web server (WAS 6.1), but if I try to display the mxml embeded in the portlet, nothing is displayed.

    (the path to the mxml file, is in the portlet-view.jsp :

    String swffile = renderResponse.encodeURL(renderRequest.getContextP ath()+"/wsrp-jsp/FlexPortlet.mxml")

  7. Re: Portal 6.0 + Flex

    well I saw this error during install of the first one

    3/12/08 7:23:24:453 EDT 0000007f WebExtensionP E SRVE0026E: Servlet Error-[javax.servlet.ServletException: init-parameter 'flex.class.path' was not found

    and from running it I see the portlet is getting a nullpointer

    at flex.bootstrap.BootstrapTag.<init>(BootstrapTag.ja va:39)

    at flex.bootstrap.BootstrapBodyTag.<init>(BootstrapBo dyTag.java:28)

    I would check into this first

  8. Re: Portal 6.0 + Flex

    when I installed the second one it gave this at install time

          • Begin backtrace for Nested Throwables

    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: flex.webtier.server.j2ee.filemanager.FileManagerSe rvlet

    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.j ava(Compiled Code))

    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java(C ompiled Code))

  9. Re: Portal 6.0 + Flex

    Thank you for testing it.

    I've tried to uninstall then re-deploy them and I can't see any error

  10. Re: Portal 6.0 + Flex

    do you have some jars in shared app for this?

  11. Re: Portal 6.0 + Flex

    No I don't

+ Reply to Thread