websphere network deployment v6.1 load-balancing for local ejbclient - Websphere

This is a discussion on websphere network deployment v6.1 load-balancing for local ejbclient - Websphere ; Hi, does anyone know if there is some workaround to break process affinity in websphere application server (network deployment v6.1) so the workload manager can route part of local ejb requests to remote node machine(s) in a cluster? According to ...

  1. websphere network deployment v6.1 load-balancing for local ejbclient

    Hi, does anyone know if there is some workaround to break process affinity in websphere application server (network deployment v6.1) so the workload manager can route part of local ejb requests to remote node machine(s) in a cluster?

    According to all the documentation we've read about load-balancing in websphere application server, all ejb requests that come from a local ejb client will be processed within the same application server. I understand this is forced for performance reason. But in my case, I need the load-balancing to be able to forward part of the requests to other nodes in the same cluster.

    Is this possible by any means?

    Thanks very much for any hint.

  2. Re: websphere network deployment v6.1 load-balancing for local ejbclient

    lxian@xenos.com wrote:
    > Hi, does anyone know if there is some workaround to break process affinity in websphere application server (network deployment v6.1) so the workload manager can route part of local ejb requests to remote node machine(s) in a cluster?

    > According to all the documentation we've read about load-balancing in websphere application server, all ejb requests that come from a local ejb client will be processed within the same application server. I understand this is forced for performance reason. But in my case, I need the load-balancing to be able to forward part of the requests to other nodes in the same cluster.

    > Is this possible by any means?

    > Thanks very much for any hint.

    What do you mean by 'part of a request' ?

  3. Re: websphere network deployment v6.1 load-balancing for local ejbclient

    On Mar 10, 9:55*am, Paul Ilechko wrote:
    > lx...@xenos.com wrote:
    > > Hi, does anyone know if there is some workaround to break process affinity in websphere application server (network deployment v6.1) so the workloadmanager can route part of local ejb requests to remote node machine(s) in acluster?

    > > According to all the documentation we've read about load-balancing in websphere application server, *all ejb requests that come from a local ejb client will be processed within the same application server. I understand this is forced for performance reason. But in my case, I need the load-balancing to be able to forward part of the requests to other nodes in the same cluster.

    > > Is this possible by any means?

    > > Thanks very much for any hint.

    > What do you mean by 'part of a request' ?

    I have a cluster set up to include 2 application servers (nodes). A
    ejb client is running in one of the 2 servers (the same JVM) to submit
    requests to some ejb deployed in the cluster. What I want to achieve
    is the load-balancing across the whole cluster so that some ejb
    requests will be handled locally in one server and others will be
    processed in another server. Because of "Process Affinity" in
    websphere, all the ejb requests submitted by that client were procssed
    only in the local server and weren't distributted to the remote server
    (JVM).

+ Reply to Thread