Unable to initialize deferred EJB - Websphere

This is a discussion on Unable to initialize deferred EJB - Websphere ; Greetings, Working with WebSphere 6.1 on Windows. While performing an JNDI lookup, the following exception is raised: "com.ibm.ejs.container.ContainerEJBException: Unable to initialize deferred EJB". The logfile doesn't contain more explanations than that. This is not a problem of JNDI lookup as ...

  1. Unable to initialize deferred EJB

    Greetings,

    Working with WebSphere 6.1 on Windows. While performing an JNDI lookup, the following exception is raised: "com.ibm.ejs.container.ContainerEJBException: Unable to initialize deferred EJB". The logfile doesn't contain more explanations than that. This is not a problem of JNDI lookup as the JNDI name of this local interface exists and, if I change the code inorder to refer an unexistent name, the error is different. Here is what the EJB References, in the administrative console, displays for this EAR.

    "Resource reference: RepositoryLocal, Target Resource JNDI name: ejb/fr/simplex-software/domain/RepositoryHome"

    The JNDI lookup is done on "java:comp/env/RepositoryLocal" and, in my opinion, it is successfull, as far as JNDI is concernerd. But something happens after.

    Help please ! Many thanks in advance.

    Nicolas

  2. Re: Unable to initialize deferred EJB

    The error is happening as the EJB container is attempting to initialize your EJB type for the first time. (By default, EJBs are not initialized until the first time they are actually used; this is to improve application startup time.) In this case, you are looking up the EJB for the first time and the container is thus initializing it (reading and processing the EJB metadata, loading classes for the EJB, etc.).

    There will typically be additional information in the system log file (somewhere near the "unable to initialize" message) as to what is wrong with the EJB definition. Possible causes include:

    - A syntactically incorrect or corrupted ejb-jar.xml deployment descriptor
    - One or more classes needed by the EJB could not be located in the EJB module, or are not visible to the EJB module

    nicolas.duminil@simplex-software.fr wrote:
    > Greetings,

    > Working with WebSphere 6.1 on Windows. While performing an JNDI lookup, the following exception is raised: "com.ibm.ejs.container.ContainerEJBException: Unable to initialize deferred EJB". The logfile doesn't contain more explanations than that. This is not a problem of JNDI lookup as the JNDI name of this local interface exists and, if I change the code inorder to refer an unexistent name, the error is different. Here is what the EJB References, in the administrative console, displays for this EAR.

    > "Resource reference: RepositoryLocal, Target Resource JNDI name: ejb/fr/simplex-software/domain/RepositoryHome"

    > The JNDI lookup is done on "java:comp/env/RepositoryLocal" and, in my opinion, it is successfull, as far as JNDI is concernerd. But something happens after.

    > Help please ! Many thanks in advance.

    > Nicolas

  3. Re: Unable to initialize deferred EJB

    Thanks ! As a matter of fact, one of the home interfaces wasn't in the ejb-jar.

    Kind regards,

    Nicolas

+ Reply to Thread