Archive is not a valid WAR File because the deployment descriptornot found - Websphere

This is a discussion on Archive is not a valid WAR File because the deployment descriptornot found - Websphere ; I am using RAD 7 and WPS 6.0. When i publish my application, it's giving me the error : com.ibm.etools.j2ee.commonarchivecore.exception.Op enFailureException: IWAE0006E Archive is not a valid WAR File because the deployment descriptor can not be found (case sensitive): WEB-INF/web.xml ...

  1. Archive is not a valid WAR File because the deployment descriptornot found

    I am using RAD 7 and WPS 6.0.

    When i publish my application, it's giving me the error :

    com.ibm.etools.j2ee.commonarchivecore.exception.Op enFailureException: IWAE0006E Archive is not a valid WAR File because the deployment descriptor can not be found (case sensitive): WEB-INF/web.xml

    The entire stack trace is in the attached file.

    Also @ location

    C:\Sandeep Vaid\Workspaces\Amita_WAR_Problem\.metadata\.plugi ns\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\tmp0\JVMKS5EAR.ear\ WAB2.5Engine.war

    There is no WEB-INF directory....

  2. Re: Archive is not a valid WAR File because the deployment descriptornot found

    I am not sure if I am seeing the entire message.
    There should be a WEB-INF directory in your war file. If doesn't exist
    then it is not a war file.
    If WEB-INF is there maybe there are some issues with RAD 7 and WPS 6.
    I use the same combination and it is working on and off.
    Try deploying through your adminn console to see if it's actually
    deploying.
    Regards,
    Gabriel

    On Mar 10, 6:33 am, sandeepv...@hsbc.co.in wrote:
    > I am using RAD 7 and WPS 6.0.

    > When i publish my application, it's giving me the error :

    > com.ibm.etools.j2ee.commonarchivecore.exception.Op enFailureException: IWAE0006E Archive is not a valid WAR File because the deployment descriptor can not be found (case sensitive): WEB-INF/web.xml

    > The entire stack trace is in the attached file.

    > Also @ location

    > C:\Sandeep Vaid\Workspaces\Amita_WAR_Problem\.metadata\.plugi ns\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\tmp0\JVMKS5EAR.ear\ WAB2.5Engine.war

    > There is no WEB-INF directory....

+ Reply to Thread