How do check if the message is compressed or not - Websphere

This is a discussion on How do check if the message is compressed or not - Websphere ; Hello, I use the below code to enable channel compression on Websphere MQ ver6. Collection msgComp = new Vector(); msgComp.add(new Integer(JMSC.MQJMS_COMPMSG_RLE)); msgComp.add(new Integer(JMSC.MQJMS_COMPMSG_ZLIB_HIGH)); .. ((MQConnectionFactory) cf).setMsgCompList(msgComp); connection = cf.createConnection(); How to check if the message is compressed or not? and ...

  1. How do check if the message is compressed or not

    Hello,

    I use the below code to enable channel compression on Websphere MQ ver6.

    Collection msgComp = new Vector();
    msgComp.add(new Integer(JMSC.MQJMS_COMPMSG_RLE));
    msgComp.add(new Integer(JMSC.MQJMS_COMPMSG_ZLIB_HIGH));
    ..
    ((MQConnectionFactory) cf).setMsgCompList(msgComp);
    connection = cf.createConnection();

    How to check if the message is compressed or not? and how much compression
    has been achieve with the selected algorithm?

    Kind regards,

    mrpc_cambodia

  2. Re: How do check if the message is compressed or not

    See
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...65%73%73%22%20

    --
    Carl
    "mrpc_cambodia" wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I use the below code to enable channel compression on Websphere MQ ver6.
    >
    > Collection msgComp = new Vector();
    > msgComp.add(new Integer(JMSC.MQJMS_COMPMSG_RLE));
    > msgComp.add(new Integer(JMSC.MQJMS_COMPMSG_ZLIB_HIGH));
    > .
    > ((MQConnectionFactory) cf).setMsgCompList(msgComp);
    > connection = cf.createConnection();
    >
    > How to check if the message is compressed or not? and how much compression
    > has been achieve with the selected algorithm?
    >

    > Kind regards,
    >
    > mrpc_cambodia

  3. Re: How do check if the message is compressed or not

    Thanks for your response.

    It seems that the command provided from the url: "DIS CHS(*) NETTIME XQTIME
    COMPRATE", only check the compression rate of Sender Channel, and not any
    other channel.

    so if the above statement is true, then does it mean that compression is
    only enabled when sending message from one MQ server to another MQ server,
    and not when sending message from a client to MQ server? Is that correct?

    Kindly give me some comments.

    Kind regards,

    NOUV Sophat

    "Carl Farkas" wrote in message
    > See
    > http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...65%73%73%22%20
    >
    > --
    > Carl
    > "mrpc_cambodia" wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I use the below code to enable channel compression on Websphere MQ ver6.
    >>
    >> Collection msgComp = new Vector();
    >> msgComp.add(new Integer(JMSC.MQJMS_COMPMSG_RLE));
    >> msgComp.add(new Integer(JMSC.MQJMS_COMPMSG_ZLIB_HIGH));
    >> .
    >> ((MQConnectionFactory) cf).setMsgCompList(msgComp);
    >> connection = cf.createConnection();
    >>
    >> How to check if the message is compressed or not? and how much
    >> compression has been achieve with the selected algorithm?
    >>

    >> Kind regards,
    >>
    >> mrpc_cambodia

+ Reply to Thread